Whats up with Sample Kingz?

Q

Quiet Storm

Has anybody bought any of these dvd's. I wanna get one for the mpc 2000xl and its like 40 dollars, but then they got one for 50 that covers the way you work with a triton and an mpc at the same time.

It gets crazy though because they have 2 versions of the same dvd, the 2000xl and the triton, and the triton and the 2000xl
one is 40 dollars and the other one is 50 dollars. Im confused, yall should peep it out though

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm not too crazy about their dvd's. They cover most sh*t that's in the basic guide manual that comes with every hardware piece. Waste of money in my opinion, but some people are just lazy and don't like to read manuals. That's cool too.

PtheGhost said:
thats no better than actually reading the manual

Well, our ebook goes 1000 times further than the manual. The manual is just that, a technical manual. The ebook contains real life examples with tutorials covering actual production techniques, like 'How to Chop Samples', 'Creating Multisamples', 'Recreating Snare Tails on Snares', 'Drum Layering', 'How to Build a Beat' etc. Each tutorial comes with example files so you can go through each tutorial step by step and learn the techniques properly. Check out some exmple tutorials here

http://www.mpc-tutor.com/tutorials/index.php

PtheGhost said:
why dont you have the same for the 1000

We are currently working on one. The thing is, the MPC2000XL version took over a year to create - these books take an enourmous amount of time as we actually create all the screen shots in photoshop to make them as clear as possible.

Eddie from Samplecraze.com (Zukan) is also currently working on a new ebook which will cover mixing techniques - should be ready soon, but this has taken months to write so far as the subject matter is so varied and complex.

sample kings videos suck, its just some old dudes showing the basic steps to the equipment, they didnt show you any skills thats relevant to todays hip hop production I purchase their dvd's about a year ago and they were useless. I figured out alot by going to forums and constantly workin on the equipment.

yea...i agree wit dazooma...they suck...i bought the two dvd pack for the 2kxl and it really didn't tell me nothin I didn't know already...go to soundsforsamplers.com...they have a good tutorial in my opinion...it helped me alot

you can get all the info on those DVDs (as well as the stuff that MPC tutor sells) free off the net.

im not bashing these products. if you have money to spare then they are useful as they give you a lot of info in one package, even if it is a rip off.

DON'T FVCK W/ THE SAMPLE KINGS TUTORIAL DVDS! I bought the dvd for the MV8000: Garbage. I bought the one for the Fantom at the same time: Just as weak.

They sent me some drum samples for free, which was nice. I still use those.

Last edited:
sample kings dvd are a wack as **** , bought it for my , mpc 2000xl and it only played i=like the first five minutes and thats it

sample kings suk! I was like what the F***are you talking about with your ashy knucles dude. It's mad ghetto and all over the place. I did nt learn sh** from their dvd's. I was so mad i took my mpc 2k back

You took your MPC 2K back because you was mad you coulden't have someone hold your hand and tell you how to make music?

I have the 2 SK dvd''s for the MPC2000XL and the ASR-10.
Honestly if you know absolutely nothing... and I do mean nothing about these units, the dvd's will help you out.
They didn't help me at all. I thought they would delve into tips and tricks but ithey were pretty basic instructions.
Hell... The first ASR-10 dvd didn't have anything about the ASR at all. it was about the EPS but labled ASR-10.

Them joints is horrible. I was duped 2 times buying their dvd's. After the first dvd I bought from them, I should have learned. Reading forums are the way to go.

Reply to SKOPE: heres the thing, i didnt pay for the mpc, my boy did. he didnt want it after he bought it. He just bought it for fun. I make all my beats on the motif amongst other equipment. After trying the MP, I wasn't all that impressed and everything i was trying to do on it, I was already doing on the Motif. I sample Vinyl records from Numarks into the motif's integrated sampler. I was like "Y do I need this" so i gave it back. I am going to purchase the 1000 just to learn it tho just in case i need to use it some studios i go to, but that will be the only reason. I have Reason, Cubase, Motif, getting Logic, Ableton, Numarks, Novation, MoPhatt, and a few others. So having the MPC to me is not necessary. However, I don't know how to use all of these programs yet, so im currently learning Reason and the Mophatt. And for the record I know how to make music and I make it very well. I been making beats and playing keys since 8 my friend. Im transitioning from keyboards to other hardware for I want to be a master at this Sh**. I just thought that the ghetto A** Dvd's could have been a little more helpful.

Last edited:
Back