Votes: 2 66.7%
  • Yamaha SU700

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Akai S3000XL

Votes: 1 33.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Dannymix

I know a little bit about sampling but never had hands on with one. I want to use it for dance music like
Drums, Vocals ,SFX and so on.

I was looking at the these samplers.

Yamaha A4000

Yamaha SU700

Akai S3000XL

It has to be easy to get around and edit has effects on board.

Thnaks for your votes.

Danny.:cheers:

The A4000 has the most bang for the buck esp when it comes to effects. And it is aimed squarely at the dance market.

BTW:

I own one and I love it to death. It has its quirks but it was a sound investment.

hehe....sound investment

How come Gigasampler has been left out of this?? :)

Gigasampler will be the end all of samplers, wossat u say? its software??

It might not be if u use it right ;)

check this beast if u wanna see what i mean:
www.carillondirect.com

Ultrasampler 160 package includes:

carillon audio computer

intel piii 1Ghz
512MB 133Mhz sdram
20gb ata/100 quantam fireball plus
7200 rpm system drive
yamaha 8824 cdrw
16mb video card
19" monitor + win98

studio software

Nemysys GigaStudio 160

Audio Hardware
M-Audio Delta 1010

all with remote support !

geez then i woke up :(

im saving my pennies for this monstor with a £3299 price tag

thats upto 4gb of samples 160 note polyphony and 32 outputs. Its even got cubase transport controls on the front!

the rest is up to your imagination with additional software, pity about the price though :(

Last edited:
But fluxtah, you must admit that it's a bit more nice to only have one piece of gear with one powerchord instead of having to move your entire computer.
I mean for live performance, for moving locations, for messing at a friends house.
Damn, I'd grow tired of that. I'm going to use my sampler in DJ sets too so a PC sampler is outa the question.

I realy like hands on with my studio gear, and Giga sampler thats a bit power hungry on a PC for me.

Having a Soft sequecner, plugins, editing software is as far as im prepared to go.

Besides it looks nice to have a full rack full of flashing lights!;)

good point chris, though thats what this package is for, its a standalone pc sampler essentially dude, follow the link in my last post and check the pc (its rackmountable made out of alu and steel, be sure to read the full reviews and articles)

danny - my freind uses giga 1.64 on his pc, he only has a 233 and the response is amazing check out his song v8 pussy, he wrote with giga
www.mp3.com/jasefromouttaspace

I see your point though as my pc lags when i have to much running though i use a pre-vst version of cubase, it took my a while to convert from cubase on my atari 1040 , im not to keen on vst for dance music, my freinds use vst for rock music, i see why as it records audio though i dont need it with giga and my synths, ill post my latest tracks up soon so you can hear the results.

Its hard to test or judge any gear without hearing results, jase's song will do the giga trick ;)

Last edited:
A 233?:eek: my PII 417 can only just handle cubase v5.What is the full spec of his PC?

Mine is a PII 417
192 meg ram
6.4 gig HD
Soundblaster Live value
Radion 32 meg DDR V Dule head.

If I can get away with a Giga Sampler then I try it but how do I record it into cubase?

Last edited:
Yes i was amazed when he told me to try giga and how good it was,

The key lies in using an older sequencer, cubase 5 is far to powerfull for the normal pc and also it hinders performance in other areas, ive had gigasampler and simsynth running with no major problems with cubase 2.8.

to get giga working it needs to be patched through hubbis loopback and various adjustments made to giga configuration.

If you want help in setting it up i can help via msn messenger or something

though heres the response, excuse my keyboard skills i was a bit outta it when i was doing this though it gives you an idea of how quick it is, i just tapped it in to cubase metronome, the response is amazing

excuse the crackles in the middle this is becuase i have photoshop open and soundforge, gigasampler, cubase 2.8 and outlook express and 2 browsers and msn messenger on my poor 450amd, 128meg machine :(

this next one is a 500kb snippet of a song composed of single hits and long backward acid loops and other acid loops, i left the metronome on so you can hear it, i recorded again via soundforge on a 450amd, 128meg machine, also i had outlook express open, gigasampler, cubase 2.8 msn messenger and microsoft excell and ws_ftp

Ive retriggered the song by pressing 1 to reset cubase to the left locator to give u an idea of how quick it responds, i felt no lag from when i pressed the key and it responded. it was bang on.

On a clean reboot you can imagine the results, also its got filters i can demontrate them to, they can be assigned externally, giga has highpass , lowbass, bandpass, and band reject , velocity sensitive too.

Last edited:
I have amd 450 too and it's actually been quite stable in my production. Of course sometimes you wanna kill those people from microsoft and throw the darn garbage across the room, but only once in a while.

Back