What Sampler can do this?

b Asterisk Asterisk

Mister Nebula
Hi, I'm looking for a sampler that would be able to do something along the lines of this: I can record myself with a microphone right into the sampler and play it back into a keyboard, or if the sampler has pads. And from there I would would be able to manipulate the pitch on the sample using the sampler. I was thinking something along the lines of an mpc, but I'm not sure about the recording part. Anybody know of a sampler that can do this?

Last edited:
You can record into a MPC. It just has limited sample time.

I believe anything from the old Boss SP/"Dr. Sample" line (definitely the SP-202), the Yamaha SU-10, the old Vestax DJ samplers...

GJ

Depending on what MPC you get and how you sample(mono or stereo)you can get over six minutes.That's always been more than enough for me.

Peace

Most samplers on the market can do this to a extent it just depends on how much processing you want to do in the box. I personally use a roland mv-8800 for most of my sample based production ( run you about 500-600 used on ebay these days ) and gives you a few options from recording to a audio track and chopping it up there or using the patchs and making a kit from your vocals same as you would a drum kit ect.

If you are looking to go cheap the sp 303/404 series will do this and then some it has a vocoder as well. Other options would be a midi controller or keyboard and a program like ableton live or even fruity loops. Just depends on your budget and the workflow you want

Maschine and MPCs are probably the best samplers for doing something like this. I prefer the Maschine though. It does way more than just sample, but the Maschine sampler is really powerful.

Back