What are my options for sync DAW and hardware sequencer?

Ninjazz

I have a Beatstep Pro, Moog Minitaur, Minibrute and Microbrute. For DAWs I usually work in Ableton or Logic X. Just ordered a MIDI Thru box as well. What I am wanting to do is have my DAW as master clock to all devices, having my BSP sequencing to devices in sync with DAW, all 16 MIDI channels in sync, at least 8 MIDI channels sending individual note and performance information. So I'm looking at USAMO (Expert Sleepers - USAMO), Midiclock (midiclock? - MIDI, DIN & Modular Masterclock - E-RM Erfindungsbüro), and other such products. I'm just not sure what will work best and do all what I need. Also hoping to do this for less than $300. Any advice appreciated.

I'd probably try the simplest route - just MIDI out from your DAW to the BSP - before buying anything extra. See how it turns out, then go the USAMO/MidiClock/Innerclock route if need be.

At the moment with Ableton as master clock source my BSP tempo fluctuates a little bit back and forth. Passing clock along from BSP to an iOS synth (via UME-ONE) requires 16 bars to stabilize the BPM. Syncing LFOs off of my hardware synths takes a little run time as well. Recording is a little off audio wise but I can easily correct it. I suppose it's more an issue of if I want to go live as oppose to studio recording. Also been looking at MidiClk which seems an inexpensive way to stabilize clock out.

Back