What the MV-8800 has that the MPC 5K doesn't

jahrome, you actually started this thread? You are in the same place you were 4 years ago. Wow.

Musicians evolve over time, Gear Discussers never do.

Trusty said:
jahrome, you actually started this thread? You are in the same place you were 4 years ago. Wow.

:cheers: Truth!

jahrome said:
Besides, the MV doesn't have better hardware.
From the reliability of the external parts to Burr-Brown/TI audiophile grade converters - there is no comparing Roland's hardware with Numakai. You've never heard of MV users complaining about dead pads. Secondly everything about the current Numark/Akai is based making it's product cheaper.

As far as the output option goes it's an option because most user don't need it. Even on the MPCs most don't use the IOs.

Trusty said:

Last edited by a moderator:
Quoted by moyphee:

moyphee, all I ever see you post is in flame wars between the MV and MPC. You have nothing else to do but make up ways to bash the MPC to justify the purchase of an MV8800 that you can't even afford.

peace.

Last edited:
I own the MPC 5000 and I actually love it! I just sold my MPC 2500LE because I loved the 5000 so much! I hate threads like these because they turn into gear bashing fights and people need to remember that the gear they use is not their Momma! Why be defensive about what someone says about a piece of gear? I really don't get it? I mean if I like it, why should I care what some guy I don't even know say's on fp.com? I mean most likely he's never even tried it and is just a band wagon jumper and even if he has used it, what makes us different is what makes this all interesting, right?

For the record, I owned an MV-8000 and although I liked it, I found that the way I interacted with the MV and my DAW were somewhat overlapping and redundant, and I missed the simplicity of my MPC, so I went back to it! However, that does not mean I think the MV sucks, it does not! It was just not a perfect fit for me, but I suspect it is for many others and I know the MPC is as well, so who the F cares?

INCREASE THE PEACE!

Last edited:
I find it funny because I remeber the first ****fit people like this threw when the 2000 came out.

Kojak said:
Quoted by moyphee:

moyphee, all I ever see you post is in flame wars between the MV and MPC. You have nothing else to do but make up ways to bash the MPC to justify the purchase of an MV8800 that you can't even afford.

peace.

I said that, not moyphee.

For the record, I don't care what people use. I hope people are happy in their gear decisions, and that they may use their talent to worship Jesus Christ if they aren't doing that now already.

:cheers:

Yes, I started this thread. What else would there be to talk about if we don't talk about the new products? So now I must sort through all the posts in this thread just so I can get the info I requested.

This is not a debate thread or which machine is better thread. Its a thread to identify what features in the MVs operating system that the MPC5K doesn't have.

Kojak said:
Quoted by moyphee:

peace.
...and yet here you are!

As far bashing the 5000, strikes against the current Akai write themelves. I don't have to make anything up. In fact, I ask to point out where i was not truthful in my post.

2nd . Don't try to chastise me while you are guilty of what you accuse.

Oh yeah, one more thing....:hello:

35i7nk2.jpg

jahrome said:
That's a screen shot of the MV? It looks a lot like my Fantom G but more primitive :)
Perhaps , but compared to that of the MPC-5000 .....

moyphee said:
Perhaps , but compared to that of the MPC-5000 .....

I can actually sit them side by side and compare. You...as it appears...can't.

But again, this particular thread is about the MV. So please let's get back on topic.

Are there any more "software' functions that the MV has that the 5000 doesn't?

moyphee said:
That was just plain lame.

That was just the truth.

So have you come up with any other features the MV-8800 has that the 5K doesn't? Because the list is very slim so far.

moyphee said:
...and yet here you are!

As far bashing the 5000, strikes against the current Akai write themelves. I don't have to make anything up. In fact, I ask to point out where i was not truthful in my post.

2nd . Don't try to chastise me while you are guilty of what you accuse.

Oh yeah, one more thing....:hello:

35i7nk2.jpg

Fantastic! :cheers:

jahrome said:
The MV-8800 does not sample in 24 bit. The only machine in this class that does that is the MPC 4000.

Yeah, you are right. In the back of my mind I was comparing it to the 4000. :cheers:

jahrome said:
That was just the truth.

So have you come up with any other features the MV-8800 has that the 5K doesn't? Because the list is very slim so far.

jahrome, listen...who cares? Why keep this same conversation going for years and years and years... I hung it up years ago, you can too. Let other people hash it out. Move on.

Look, I am going to be honest, I really like the music on your myspace page. So why don't you (with whoever Nica is) make more good music instead of getting into pissing contests between MVs and MPCs... Your music is good, you should spend more time with that, seems like a better use of it, don't you think?

:cheers:

Last edited:
Back