What do yall think about the New MPC? Worth it or Waste of $?

The Ren is not Maschine. There is a huge difference in the Ren's controller and Maschine's controller. The Ren is a 10 lb MPC, with touch sensitive knobs, and adjustable LCD, smooth data dial, and the best pads ever seen on an MPC. Not to include the audio/MIDI I/O and the power USB ports. Anybody that has actually held the Ren in their hands can see the Ren's controller is on a completely different level than Maschine's.

If you want to talk Maschine, then compare it with the MPC Studio which is in the same price range.

As far as support, the Ren is shaping up to be the best supported MPC ever. When 1.3 is released this month, that will be 3 updates in 6 months. There are additional updates coming that will continue to advance the Ren/Studio.
I have to disagree. We are talking about bang for your buck. Is it worth is or a waste of money? The answer is waste of money. You say it's "shaping up to be the best supported mpc ever but that's not saying much. The software is very buggy and you also said the pads are the best ever on an mpc. I was playin around on the Ren the other day a GC and those pads are garbage especially compared to Maschine pads. Also maschine software by far superior. And not all MPC project files are supported. Only from certain MPCs. And honestly playing around on the Ren it feels cheep like toy plasticky. And that LCD isn't great either. It's not bad but it's not great. And the file management sucks with MpC software. So if you really wanna talk is it worth it just get a maschine or something better than that MpC. Maschine plus an interface with far superior preamps = far less than MPC Ren. Just sayin.

Back