What do i need to make beats on an MPC2000xl?

Danadane760

Im thinking about buying a 2kxl, im just not exactly sure what to look for when buying an 2kxl.. im a noob to hardware but i really want an MPC2000xl. just want to know exactly what ill need to make beats, and how ill transfer data to and from the mpc.

I was thinking the same thing the other day but then I realized I'm going to college soon and I won't have time to learn a completely new beat making tool lol

I've been stuck on FL since 2008, it's good but I hate it, can't get that rugged sound out of it, gotta tweak 2389283823823 knobs to get it to sound even slightly the way I want it to

I got the original MPC 2000. My setup is pretty basic. Crates of records for sampling. Numark turntable. Numark mixer to connect the turntable and MP. Two Zip-drives for transfering files from computer to MPC. Then I got a cable for recordin' from the MPC onto the computer. That's pretty much it. I use FL Studio if I'm not home and got some music to do, and I can get pretty much the exact same sound out of FL as the MPC. It's the man behind the machine that makes a difference.

I use a cable with 2 1'4 cables at one end and a normal jack cable at the other end.

If you have a card reader on your p.c you can edit all of your samples there,then transfer them to
a card making it easier to load into the 2KXL.Installing a cf card to the MPC is easy to do.The 8 outs
is a good option also,allowing you to track out faster.Forget about those zips and floppies.
Also,you can use MPC Editor to make programs quick and easy.

Peace

Last edited:
Back