What Can MPC do that Maschine can't?

dday3212

I'm new to producing and never had an MPC but i recently just bought a Maschine. I saw a lot of threads that compared them and it seemed like ppl just recommended MPC's because they were used to using as well as the brand name. So I was just wondering, feature wise why would you choose, say a mpc 2000, or 2500 over a Maschine? It seems like Maschine is a lot more convenient and can do everything an MPC can do plus more

Mpc is it's own computer.the software is written for the hardware.The mpc has two midi outs or 4 midi out if 4000 , 3000, 5000.Mpc realy don't crash that much.Mpc don't go online "no twitter interuption.You realy only need a pair of heaadphones and some sounds. N.I Machine needs a computer to run The timing in the Mpc is better..Wit machine is still got to use a DAW and xtra sound card and usb cables..You need a fast computer to run machine.Wit alot of RAM.Mpc work flow is still faster because of the fake rewire shit. And the total cost of everything need to run machine is higher then a used 2000xl or 1000 a Mac mini reason and a firewire interface and Protools M-Powered and a used U.A.D ! e

You probably can do da samething with maschine as you can do with a mpc. For me i like the mpc because it works for me, my work flow is quicker with the mpc. I can get around quicker so i can lay my ideas down faster. It just all depends on what is comfortable to you.

MPC has two midi outs....and two midi ins ..!!!!!!!!!!!!!!Built in computeR !!AND IN THE BAY A USED 2000XL 300-500 DATS EVERYDAY..oN c.l

ok thanks for yalls input cuz i got the Maschine and think its tight and was just wonderin why ppl say the mpc is better. it looks like they are pretty even it just comes down to personal preference, and if u dont mind usin software.

The only thing I don't like about my Mashine is that I can't use my sp 303 with it like you can with the MPC. I wish I could use them together

Mpc's create a whole different sound from software... You, have to really tweak your drums in software in order for them to really hit.. An MPC on the other hand, it's not so hard to get that pounding feelin & the way the MPC Sequences can't be duplicated!! Software is more convenient, But hardware is Quality!! Best to use them both together!!

Mpc's create a whole different sound from software... You, have to really tweak your drums in software in order for them to really hit.. An MPC on the other hand, it's not so hard to get that pounding feelin & the way the MPC Sequences can't be duplicated!! Software is more convenient, But hardware is Quality!! Best to use them both together!!

yea this is really the only thing keeping me from just using my maschine. i want my beats to have a real grimey lo fi type sound thats why i like the sp 303 and I know the MPC sounds good too

the mpc give you that warm sound. but with both in the end you need a daw and if you know your way around on the mpc it can be pretty fast. the mpc 5000 with os 2.0 is hot. I like machine but in end you still have to take what was done in it and move to your daw same with the mpc so they are pretty much the same flow.

some of the weirdest comments ever regarding the MPC......so much hype but nothing really substantive. The MPC is a stand alone midi sequencer with destructive audio editing features and a limited sampler that works well for phrases and one shots. The heart of the MPC is the midi sequencing, which is why they typically have 2 or more midi outputs. The destructive audio editing is a feature that is attributed to its independent/standalone nature. Maschine doesnt come from that world. Maschine is created in a world that use computers for sequencing, audio editing and a host of over things that werent available on the computer in the 1980s. Maschine is integrated with your computer fully, where as the MPC is only partially integrated with your computer via midi or usb.

Direct sampling input without having to use your computer's internal sound card or an external audio interface.

More MIDI outputs.

I have both Maschine and an MPC 2500. I'm just starting out, I got Maschine first after reading about it on here. I got the MPC because even now it's still a staple of making beats.

DAMN!!! Your just starting and already got a Maschine and MP!?!?! High roller huh?

lol i actually almost did the same thing but got an sp first. im going to sell it tho because i really like Maschine. It seems like you could make the same beat with Maschine as you would with an MPC. And the maschine is more portable than a mpc 1000. Most of these comments just seem like opinions besides things like timestretch. And if you already have a pretty good comp. maschine is def. cheaper than an mpc.

re

#1 for me is it cant drive all my external gear tight like the mp can. I like machine its cool but not really for my main thing.

yea this is really the only thing keeping me from just using my maschine. i want my beats to have a real grimey lo fi type sound thats why i like the sp 303 and I know the MPC sounds good too

my friend has the sp303 and the lo-fi'ness is awesome! uses an obsolete memory format tho =\

With the 1.5 update for Maschine you now have destructive sample editing and emulation for the SP 1200 and the MPC 60. I have compared the Maschine emulation and the MPC 60 side-by-side and they really do sound extremely similar. You can easily achieve that low-fi sound that fills out your kicks and fattens up your skinny samples. The Maschine also has layering of sounds. If you have ever compared the speed and browsing between the MPC and the Maschine I realy have to give it to the Maschine. However if you have been using an MPC for years then off the bat it is going to seem slow. I think the MPC is actually more portable, as you would almost always have to install the software on a buddies computer if you were going to carry your Maschine around, whereas an MPC just needs a power outlet. If you do not have a decent computer to start then a Maschine would run you at least 12-1300 dollars to get a working setup

yea if i had a terrible computer i would have gone with an mpc too if i didn't have plans on getting a new one.but even for 1300 thats only a few hundred more than an mpc and a computer can do a lot of other things too of course

---------- Post added at 11:22 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:21 AM ----------

Offer a stable environment

not true

Back