What are the benefits of adding a hard drive to the MPC 1000

C

crazytune

What are the benefits of adding a hard drive to the MPC-1000 besides extra storage space? I understand that loading the drum kits/sounds is the same process as with a Compact Flash card. Are the read/write speeds quicker with the hard drive as opposed to the CF card? Also, is there a way that I can have my custom drum kits load automatically upon startup or do I have to manually load them every time?

You can use auto load just like the cf card. Loading times should be around the same, probably depends on what drive you choose. Besides the extra storage I cant think of any more benefits.

If you get an external case for the harddrive, you can take it out and transfer files to/from your computer faster (USB 2.0). The main thing is the storage space and having all your samples located in one spot and not all over a gang of CFs.

it makes it a heavier paperweight unless you have good pads and functional buttons

or

if all of the above works, it makes you think everytime you turn on your mpc, "i wonder when the hard drive is going to die? how often should i back it up?"

stick with cf cards

unless you've got like samplepacks that you want to transfer to your mpc and have sitting there...

its pretty unnecessary if your a vinyl-sample-based music maker.....

Back