tracking using 1000 digital outs?

Help does anyone know how to track beats into logic pro using the mpc 1000 digital outs? I would like to know how to do this. Please no dumb azz responses like did you read your manual? or my personal fav why is my name whizkid....? Thanks I need help and I have researched this question?

Any help would be appreciated.

you have to go into the mixer window and highlight the ST with your cursor. Turn the dial and you will see 12 if you turn again you will see 34. Those are the out. The 1000 is set to play everything stereo out thats the ST. If you change it know your sample on that pad will got to the 12 or 34. To make a sample go out the 1 out hard pan to the left. to make it go tout the 2 out hard pan to the right On the L/PAN screen. If yor using the japanese os you wouldnt have to do this cause it alreadyset up lie 1,2,3,4 on that os. If you need more help let me know

You forgot to add that SPDIF mirrors the analogue out. Connect SPDIF out on the MPC to SPDIF in on your audio interface, set the audio interface to SPDIF sync, enable SPDIF recording at 16 bit 44.1 kHz in your DAW.

i have spdf on my laptop as well? would that come in handy at all or is it useless when it comes to recording audio. and can you explain the purpose of having/using midi on the interface? i dont see a need for it. i jus want to track my audio out....why/how would someone use the midi on the interface

This is how i always did it with my 1k. All you really have to do is hook up the spidif output of your mpc to your spdif input on your soundcard/interface. THe spdif output plays exactly the same thing as the stereo outs. So, you are going to have to mute tracks and track out each track individually.

The only problem, which is minor, is you can't just adjust volume by a knob or slider on your mixer. You have to adjust the global volume on your mpc. No big deal, it can be tedious when somethings are very soft and some are clipping digitally without changing anything. Then you have to set the volume for each track and remember to go back when you are done. Simple but i've seen alot of people think they are having problems because it will be clipping and they don't know they can turn down the volume.

thanks fam....i apperciate the help...imma try it out once i get home....should i use the spdf on the laptop or interface?

dkapbeatz said:
thanks fam....i apperciate the help...imma try it out once i get home....should i use the spdf on the laptop or interface?
Spdif is digital to digital so it shouldn't matter. It's transfering data, not audio so their shouldn't be an difference.

aight thanks fam....spdif is sony phillips digital connection

on any by the way....im not gon use the interface since its digital and imma use the spdif on the laptop......are there any audio settings taht need to be chagned so i can start trackin in adobe audition?

Last edited:
Back