Tracked out songs feel dry

mrskytown

I have a bit of a dilemma. Ok so I made hip hop beats and for example ok i use Maschine to make my beats and it sounds really good in there. And I know it's in the red zone on the meters. But when I extract the audio into one of my Daws. It sounds so dry. Like before I like the way my 808 kinda interrupted the guitar sound a bit. Is there a way to kinda recreate that same sound when getting it mixed/masterd. The sound I like it's almost as it being layered. Its weird cause in machine all the sounds are individual and it sounds good but when I extract the audio files everything sounds dull and dry and i know it needs mixing but how do I get that same sound back. I remember the same issue I had when I had an mpc. Please help

I've never used Maschine, or any hardware sampler before, but when you're exporting the samples into your DAW are you exporting as a .wav or as an .mp3? Because an .mp3 is a compressed (therefore less quality) version of a .wav

I use. Wav files. I know not to use mp3. I wonder if anyone on here know what I'm talking about. Its real frustrating.

Hrmm...it sounds like Maschine is adding some sort of compression scheme internally. Are there options for the type of .WAV file you can bounce (i.e. sample rate, bit depth)?

Not knowing every detail here's my guess:
With 32, and 64 bit playback you have infinite headroom, but export a mix in the red at 16 bit, and you will have problems.
Either export at 32 float, or keep your mix out of the red(your mix should not be clipping anyway).

Last edited:
Back