swagger like us/bk go hard drum programming?

N

nuffced

on the songs Kanye did for swagger like us and bk go hard, how did he do the drums or was it a sample? what sample? how can the drums on the songs be done? what are the steps cause the drums are crazy. any feedback can really help. thanks

if you listen theres a percussion loop in the drum pattern that gives it a unique sound.

If you play it on an MPC you can do it live with the velocity spread on 16 layers and put other percussion sounds over.

Could anyone redo this or give pointers on how the sound was designed? I achieved somerthing similar switching some hats that I had programmed with some drums instead.

nuffced said:
on the songs Kanye did for swagger like us and bk go hard, how did he do the drums or was it a sample? what sample? how can the drums on the songs be done? what are the steps cause the drums are crazy. any feedback can really help. thanks

post a link to the song.

I think the swagger like us drums you're on about are a sample.. The ones on brooklyn we go hards are not to complicated? Just straight up rolling kicks.

Kno1ills said:
If you play it on an MPC you can do it live with the velocity spread on 16 layers and put other percussion sounds over.
i never really used the 16 layers in a sequence..is there any video that could teach me how to use this properly??

i think the slu drums could be remade without a sample.

ill give it a shot in the next couple of days (if i dont get distracted)

sorry i cant do any sooner, got a few things on at the moment

For the swagger like us drums... Set your kick to the slider on the mpc, press note repeat @1/16 and as the kicks plays use the slider to change its tune..

I made a dope beat doing it this way..sounds like Kanye could have done the drums this way!

G Swift said:
For the swagger like us drums... Set your kick to the slider on the mpc, press note repeat @1/16 and as the kicks plays use the slider to change its tune..

I made a dope beat doing it this way..sounds like Kanye could have done the drums this way!

Now I wish my MV had a slider...

Anyone remade this yet as I'd love to hear it.

Back