Streetboxx Sb-246

quietstorm

Does anyone here know how to assign drums and sounds from a STREETBOXX SB-246 to the pads on a MPC 2000 XL ?

I'll try to keep it simple as i can...

We midi up the MPC... use it as the master sequencer and can get only one kit to play from the Streetboxx...but thats where it ends. We want to be able to assign any of the 500+ drums/sounds from the Streetboxx. .. to play on any pad on the MPC through MIDI connection.

(for some reason ...to get any sound from the Streetboxx, the track we're on in the MPC...has to be set to 10B ...strange.. but thats the only way we can hear sound from Streetboxx over the MPC pads)

Does anyone here have a similar set up ... . Or know where an owner's manual for the STREETBOXX SB-246 can be downloaded from?

Is the street box multi-timbral? At this point i'm assuming so, so you have to assign a different midi channel to each kit. If you have to use channel 10b then thats probably what the street box is currently set to. im not really familiar with the street box so your best anwer would be to refer to your manual.

sorry didnt see that last part in your post about the manual....

Last edited:
How is that Streetbox

Why not just sample the drums? Anyway how is that lil Street Box. I always see it advertised in Scratch. I think it looks cool. I bet I could make some hot **** with it!

Coolhouse Rex said:
Why not just sample the drums? Anyway how is that lil Street Box. I always see it advertised in Scratch. I think it looks cool. I bet I could make some hot **** with it!

Sample.. yea .. you can do that (you in general).. but that defeats the purpose of this machine...and what its advertised for.. .i know theres a way to map out each sound on any pad on the mpc...and i'm just itching to figure it out...! 100% When i have something. . i always want to explore it inside and out.... thats just me.. . but worst comes to worse.. .i won't hesitate to sample what i need and call it a day...

but all in all.. this is not a bad piece of equip. at all. ...might not be for everyone...but it has a lot of sounds i'm always looking for...and i'm satisfied with them..

/

Mike Dugan said:
Is the street box multi-timbral? At this point i'm assuming so, so you have to assign a different midi channel to each kit. If you have to use channel 10b then thats probably what the street box is currently set to. im not really familiar with the street box so your best anwer would be to refer to your manual.

sorry didnt see that last part in your post about the manual....

yea, i believe it is m. timbral. . .
and yea, i was trying to set the midi channels myself.. but nothing really happened...its not that serious.. .like the other guy said. . i'll probalby just resort to sampling what i like instead..

thanks for the help anyway tho

Last edited:
Back