sp12 turbo running HOT

try cleaning it. Open it op and clean it. it's old and I'msure it is covered with dust inside. that area will be a little warm, but should be buzzing.

My old one was really hot around that area it worked fine right through to selling it, so i'd say no problem there.

The power supplies on those are prone to problems. Even mine which I never suspected had a power supply issue had one.

Do you have any service centres near you, or perhaps some electronics experience?

I have the schematics if you need them.

dwells said:
try cleaning it. Open it op and clean it. it's old and I'msure it is covered with dust inside. that area will be a little warm, but should be buzzing.

typo:

but should be NOT buzzing.

The power supplies on those are prone to problems. Even mine which I never suspected had a power supply issue had one.

Do you have any service centres near you, or perhaps some electronics experience?

I have the schematics if you need them.

Sorry bro would u be able to mail me the schematics? im really having a hard time finding them, and repairing the sp12turbo without them might be impossible. please bro, it would be very nice of u.

lg, tiampi

Last edited by a moderator:
Back