sp-404sx and analog gear to emulate ableton live operation

julianbremann

Hi,
Does anyone know if on the sp-404sx sampler the effects can be used for different patterns or they only apply to the whole mix? In other words, if I have 4 or more samplers playing at the same time can i use the effects of the sampler on only the sample 4 for example and keep the rest of the playing samples un-effected?
Second part of the question is if you'd know any hardware/analog gear that resembles as close as possible to ableton live - being able to trigger files, have effects on each channel and maybe connect and bus external effects?
thanks.
J

I don't know about the SP404 but there's all kinds of options for Ableton-esque hardware workflow. Akai MPCs are very similar, and the Roland MC-909 is very similar as well. It is loaded with drum sounds, synth tones, and it is also a sampler. It has tons of realtime controls and on-board sounds can be expanded. It has a bunch of effects onboard as well but there's individual audio outputs so you can route parts to external effects devices. I don't think that there's anything analog that does what you're asking, though... I think you are confusing the terms "hardware" and "analog." Some hardware is analog, but not all. (analog refers to tone generation and signal path)

Back