Should I Up Grade!

Do you have the card reader and ram upgrades done to your XL? If so, do you find that you run out of memory while you are doing your projects? Or do you think that you need more space than 2GB with CF Cards? If not, I would say do not upgrade!

I had a MPC 2500 until 2 weeks ago when it got stolen out of my car! I did not have enough cash to buy another one, so I picked up a used 2000XL and it has the card reader option and 32MB ram and I gotta say, I never utilize all of that! I had the DVD/CD-RW Drive, Card Reader and 80GB Hard Drive in it, but I never used anything but the card reader which I still have with the XL and I used the Hard Drive to store about 1GB worth of drum kits, but I could have easily had another 2GB CF Card to cover that.

I am not going to lie though as soon as my insurance gets me my check next week, I will buy another 2500, but that is just simply because I am so intimately familiar with the in and outs of that machine and I really dont want to learn the differences! But, if I had a 2000XL initially, I would not upgrade to the 2500, just because I would be used to it and comfortable with it, and I have already established that I dont need the upgrades, in fact, my new 2500 will not have the HD or CD/DVD Drive - Just dont use them!

PEACE and I hope that helps?

kcsherrell

I would but I havent even used a 2000 or 2500. But before I bought a 1000 I wasnt sure if I wanted to get the 2000/xl or 1000. Didnt have enough for the 2500 but the 3rd party os was supposed to turn it in to a 2500 so I got the 1000. If you have the money then go for it.

i feel like the 4000 is a lil bit of overkill..

as for compatability.. the 2000xl and 2000 MPC are kind of different from the mpc 2500 and the mpc 1000, but its not hard to learn

i would get 2500 because it is such a great machine, get the JJ OS, upgrade the ram and ur good to go

^dont listen to him, HE'S A HEATHEN!!!!

I'd prefer the 4000 over any other mpc besides maybe the 60II or 3000, but thats just me. I have a 2000xl and It's damn nice. Now if I was to upgrade, I only see myself going for the 4000.

Why don't you get a used mv8000 for like $900. I have one and I use it the most next to Ableton Live. It's really all you need to make beats.

Really?

Ive been lookin at the MV 8000. Even the wife said I should get it, but only because it just looks better. What makes it better than my beloved MPC's?

Last edited:
i got an mpc 2000xl with screen problems, should i upgrade or fix the screen,

also i cant load zip disks as soon as i turn on the machine or it crashes, once its warmed up like 5 minutes it works fine, do yall know if this is a major problem

Back