Sampler for the living room...

I'mNoGuru

I'm not getting a massive amount of studiotime at the minute (sleeping 7 month old) and bringing Maschine, Soundcard and my laptop down to the living room every night (and having to return it all to the attic in the morning) is impractical and could end in divorce.

Budget and space are pretty tight right now but I'd like a small 'standalone' sampler that I can just use with headphones (either preloading samples upstairs when I have chance or from a line on my iPad) and leave on the bookcase fairly unintrusively...

Battery operated is good.

obvious choice: MPC500 but the price is a tad high...
Similarly priced: Roland SP404sx
Then the older, cheaper: Yamaha SU200

Are the any other small (not the Korg Volca) footprint samplers any of you would look at?

yes, Zoom Sampletrak ST 224, there are a few on ebay ranging from $89-140, only thing not battery powered but ive been doing research on the same type of thing you speak of and I see this machine doing the job perfectly. smaller in size as well

yes, Zoom Sampletrak ST 224, there are a few on ebay ranging from $89-140, only thing not battery powered but ive been doing research on the same type of thing you speak of and I see this machine doing the job perfectly. smaller in size as well
I'll check that out now. Thanks man.

Give the 500 some time to grow on you. It's not love at first use.
The basics aren't bad, and I like it a little more overall than my old 2000. Just take time to get used to the file system.
Once you do, it's a powerful little sampler.

Back