What sampler should I buy?

• Akai MPC500

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Korg Electribe EMX-1

• Roland SP-404

• Total voters
Hi I'm looking to buy my first sampler, I'd like it to be easy to use. I haves budget of ~$650$. I'm currently looking at these samplers: Akai MPC 500, Korg Electribe, Roland SP404, and NI Maschine. I'm leaning toward the Maschine because it comes with software, and it has positive reviews. Id prefer it have a USB port and Midi In/out. Please let me know? Ive worked with an AKAI MPK 25, Casio CTK and an LPD8. I'm a quick learner. Please let me know what's the best for me? Thanks in advance

I wouldn't bother with a hardware sampler in 2011 just makes life easier to get software. Make sure your system is up to snuff and then pick something. I personally use Reason and its samplers.

The Maschine isn't a sampler, rather the software is. If your computer can handle it I would go with that as the rest of the options leave much to be desired. I wouldn't go MPC at less then a 1000 and even then the 2500 is where its at.

I never tried Machine, and I imagine it's really cool, but it's not really a sampler, neither is the emx-1. Korg makes an esx-1 though, maybe you meant that?
The mpc500 is actually pretty decent. It's more like a mini mpc2000 than most would think.
Chopping samples is done with numbers like the old akai samplers from years ago.
I would go the ebay route with the 500. You can get them for 300ish there.
A cheap midi controller, and free software will yield equally good results however.

Hi I'm looking to buy my first sampler, I'd like it to be easy to use. I haves budget of ~$650$. I'm currently looking at these samplers: Akai MPC 500, Korg Electribe, Roland SP404, and NI Maschine. I'm leaning toward the Maschine because it comes with software, and it has positive reviews. Id prefer it have a USB port and Midi In/out. Please let me know? Ive worked with an AKAI MPK 25, Casio CTK and an LPD8. I'm a quick learner. Please let me know what's the best for me? Thanks in advance

I'm selling an ASR and an MPC 2000XL. PM me if you are interested.

Back