Sample rate?

Artik

Ok i have a brief understanding of what sample rate is but just to make sure i got this right can someone explain to me in their own terms wat sample rate is and also newer sampler have higher sample rates explain to me the advantage of a higher sample rate thanks

man, do some damn search and research for ur damn self. Stop being lazy and waiting on all the answers. And u wonder y, people have viewed ur post and not given u a response.

Stop wasting our time and urs.

Thanks

Fper

I won't be as brutal as Guillo Monsta Musik, but I have to agree. Look up nyquist frequency and such.
The internet is about as easy as it will get. I'm old, and searching the internent for info is a Godsend.

I won't be as brutal as Guillo Monsta Musik, but I have to agree. Look up nyquist frequency and such.
The internet is about as easy as it will get. I'm old, and searching the internent for info is a Godsend.

The sample rate is the rate at which a "slice" of a sound wave is sampled per second. To be able to reproduce a wave, you need at least 2 samples of it, so your sampling rate determines up to what frequency you can sample a sound (it's roughly half the sampling rate, if we are at 44.1kHz the highest frequency you can capture is around 20kHz, look for the nyquist frequency as mentioned by unsystematic). The advantage to having a higher sample rate is that you have more high frequencies saved, so more harmonics, and better quality. Of course sample rate doesn't mean much without the (EDIT) bit depth (the size of each sample).

Last edited:
Thank very very much this is all i wanted to compare my knowledge of the subject i already did the research and i was on the same page i wasn't being lazy lol but I'll check out nyquist frequency and bit depth for more info basically i thought sample rate also called sample frequency- samples per second its measured in hz the inverse is called sample interval which is the time taken between samples i can't seem to understand y people that don't have the info i need leave comments y dont they just leave it alone thank you tho u've bein the only help but this is my last question to this sh!t to many b!tches with pms

Basically the higher the rate the cleaner the sample and often times fuller too. The higher the bit rate the more head room u get and also a lower noise floor

Back