RS7000 question about midi and samples

mr.objects

i got an rs7000. if i have samples on it, i cannot trigger the samples from a keyboard. i can trigger other sounds but not samples. i see the midi in light go on, but no sound. i can play the samples on the rs but not on the midi controller. how do i fix this?
ive tried everything. changing midi settings etc. it still doesnt work. i know there must be a way to trigger samples from a midi keyboard.

also is there a way to set every track to midi channel 1 without having to go in and change every single track manualy?

I think the problem is that you are not changing the MIDI channel that the controller transmits to.

Track 1 on the RS would be the same as MIDI Channel 1.
Track 2 on the RS would be the same as MIDI Channel 2.

Chances are, the keyboard is transmitting to the default MIDI channel that your samples ARE NOT IN.

I know you said you tried changing midi settings, so my bad if you already changed channels and nothing still happened.

Make sure you go to the Utility section and check the following:
Midi set up page 1/2
Midi control and echo back
Midi set up page 2/2
TG param out and voice set up to TG
Peace be with you..............Rob Mixx

robmixx said:
Make sure you go to the Utility section and check the following:
Midi set up page 1/2
Midi control and echo back
Midi set up page 2/2
TG param out and voice set up to TG
Peace be with you..............Rob Mixx

thanks im going to try this. i always set the midi set up to midi out 1 not tg. there is no out with tg and midi.

also,
is there a way to load multiple samples at once instead of one at a time. i have a smart media card with like 100 different drums on it. if i want to load all of them i have to manually select each single sample and assign them to keys. i want to load all of them at once and have the rs assign them automatically like when you slice. is this possible?

Last edited:
It depends on how you initially sampled them. For example, if you sampled a kick as a pitched sample that takes up the full range of the keyboard then you can't load it all together. Normally if you are sampling kicks, snares, etc, you should use the "kit" sampling parameter and assign it to the common sample file. Then you can load all at once. Be patient, take your time and master the Rs. It is a powerful machine. Actually one of the best, but most slept on machines ever made. Don't give up on the RS. Peace be with you.......................Rob Mixx

robmixx said:
It depends on how you initially sampled them. For example, if you sampled a kick as a pitched sample that takes up the full range of the keyboard then you can't load it all together. Normally if you are sampling kicks, snares, etc, you should use the "kit" sampling parameter and assign it to the common sample file. Then you can load all at once. Be patient, take your time and master the Rs. It is a powerful machine. Actually one of the best, but most slept on machines ever made. Don't give up on the RS. Peace be with you.......................Rob Mixx

no you dont understand. im not sampling. i know how to sample and slice and kit etc. I am loading samples from the smart media card. The samples are from my computer. 100's of kicks and snares etc. When you load from the smart media it says : sample, and then you look through all the samples on the card. to the right is where you assign the sample. the only way i see you can do it is to select a sample from the card and assign it to a certain key. there is no way to select all the samples on the card at once, and assign them all automatically to keys. so if you want to play around with 50 different samples you have to select each sample on the card and assign it to a different key, 50 times. very time consuming. the rs is cool, but it is limited in alot of ways. it takes 3 minutes for the rs to process a sample when it slices. there are alot of little things they did with this machine that make me think the guys who designed arent very intelligent. little things like the bpm. it ends at 300 or something. why couldnt they have made the bpm go up to 999 like in fruity loops?

Last edited:
I can't tell you anything that can help you on that because I have no experience with that particular way of loading. I sample everything directly into the Rs. Peace be with you.............Rob Mixx

i figured out the midi issue it has nothing to do with midi. it has to do with the bank you sample in. i tried this last night i loaded samples into cmn and into local. it only works with cmn for some reason?

Back