RS7000 big problem with sequencing

relic, no offense to you dude. i think most people highly respect your knowledge of the RS.

1) On an MPC/MV/ASRx/SU700/etc you can EDIT the parameters of EACH SOUND IN A TRACK. You can not do this with the RS. When using the hands on controls for filter/amp/pitch/etc, it effcts the entire track.

2) As far as the note cutting off, you're not understanding what we're saying.

Try this when you go home.

Say you record a 4 bar sequence. At the beggining of the 4th measure (not the end) you hold down a note of the onboard synth. You keep holding this note down even at the end of 4/4 when the sequence goes back to the start.

You expect the note to keep on playing after the sequence restarts, BUT IT CUTS OFF IMMEDIATELY!!!! WHY??? NO OTHER ****ING SEQUENCER DOES THIS!!!! WHY ARE THE NOTES CUTTING OFF IN A $1000 MACHINE???????

This has nothing to do with overdub or replace.

wassup LD... ive used "replace", and ive used "overdub"... its overdub u guys need to be usin... not replace... i hook up my Nord Lead2 synth... the same thing happens with the internal sounds on the RS... do not use "replace".

da relic

Last edited:
yeah ive tried both recording modes and the same thing happens. i believe its a matter of the notes not sustaining. so hook up a sustain pedal and problem should be solved

yes... i believe i know what u are talkin bout... what u guys dont understand is that it is not an error or an ommission... it is just different from other machines... even though i cannot duplicate ur prob, this is why ur given extra features on the RS... the overdub is one feature... having the adsr (attack, sustain, delay, release) knobs are another... asr-10 reppa has the right idea with the sustain pedal, but it is the "release" that which u seek to utilize... what other machine are u using?

also, the simple get around on this if ur still havin the prob is to make that one track, much longer than the others... did u know u can make each trk on the RS different lengths? (up to 1/256) yep, u can make trk one 1/4, trk two 1/1, trk three 1/75, etc... not too many of "TODAYS" machines can even do that... its one of the main reasons i bought the RS... make the track u dont want to loop longer, and ur problem is solved... you can also "mute and unmute" the track, and it will play as if its at the beginning, if u held the note while recording.

change length: press stop... press the F3 button... turn the F3 knob...for fast results, hold the "shift" button while turning F3. (values will change in intervals of 10).

da relic

Last edited:
lol... after getting home and messin with my RS, i realize that some of u guys are f%kkin LAZY!!! a simple turn of the F2 knob and ur in "overdub" mode... like, do u even read tha manual???!!! no, do u have the manual???!!!! i came so close to deleting my posts and offering you 50 cents for ur machine... for real for real... this thread has been up for 4+ weeks... i get on this sh!t ONE day, and its a simple turn of the knob???!!!... there better be more to this question, otherwise im done on this one...lol... i cant wait to hear all of ur responses... freakin hilarious!!!

da relic

i really dont care. its not that big of an issue. also your whole idea of using overdub doesnt work. ive tried that. this problem has nothing to do with what ever mode you record in. some people will stand by anything even if it sucks. i heard your music slik. your wack. keep using this machine and stay where you are. rs7000? for suckas.

lol... ur a funny dude fam... i just gave u the work around... and still ur defiant... ive seen ur posts... here's one:

THE ONLY HELP I EVER GOT FROM ANYONE WAS READING THE MANUAL FOR THE MACHINES I HAVE. DONT BE SUCH A WUSS. WITH A NAME LIKE 2CLEAVER I DONT SENSE MUCH INTELLIGENCE. THIS LITTLE IDEA I GAVE IS THE WAY AND YOU DONT EVEN SAY THANK YOU. I THINK YOU SHOULD JUST STOP MAKING MUSIC AND START PLAYING TENNIS OR SOMETHING. OR SNORT SOME SPEED AND THEN YOU WILL FOCUS. HOW OLD ARE YOU LIKE 12.

lets see now, uve ripped the RS, the MPC 1000, AND Ableton... like dude... after awhile, its you fam... not tha machines... YOU!!!

oh yea... u need to follow ur own advice.

carry on.

da relic

Last edited:
relic, no offense to you dude. i think most people highly respect your knowledge of the RS.

1) On an MPC/MV/ASRx/SU700/etc you can EDIT the parameters of EACH SOUND IN A TRACK. You can not do this with the RS. When using the hands on controls for filter/amp/pitch/etc, it effcts the entire track.
are u sure ur talking bout a track and not a pattern? bcuz each track CAN be edited differently... im sure about this as well... ive never had a prob with different effects/filters on different trx... if ur trackin on the RS, u would normally give one particular sound a track... not multiple sounds on one track... u got 16 trx to play with... should be enuff for 2days music.

the RS7000 is set up like a 16 trk studio... 1-8 is drums and percussion... 9-16 is everything else (pianos, strings...) if uve been to a professional studio b4, then u would understand... thats how most studios set up their trx... and remember, these are ruff sketches on ur machines... MPCs, ASRs... they all get tracked down on something else that will add even more "life" to ur sounds... i know the RS cant do EVERYTHING i need it to do, thats why i have a Nord, an ER1, and a DAW... ur just tryin to get ur idea down, then take it to the next level.

da relic

Last edited:
I appreciate your help slick da relic. my gripe with this machine is with all the powerful tools the rs7000 has. yamaha still omitted some pretty basic features. with that said I still love my rs7000. just have to work around some minor yet key features. so instead of flaming each lets try to put our minds together and master this monster

no doubt... see if what i said worx for you, making the trk longer than the rest... im pretty much past its shortcomings... no machine is perfect... it all comes down to what ur willing to deal with.

da relic

Last edited:
lol... ur a funny dude fam... i just gave u the work around... and still ur defiant... ive seen ur posts... here's one:

lets see now, uve ripped the RS, the MPC 1000, AND Ableton... like dude... after awhile, its you fam... not tha machines... YOU!!!

oh yea... u need to follow ur own advice.

carry on.

da relic

yeah, yeah blah blah your still wack and your music sucks and just to show you how much the rs sucks- have you ever sliced a sample on the rs, im sure you have, it takes like 10 minutes for it to slice on the mpc it takes like 10 seconds. yeah the rs is professional, your right...... i cant be associated with a piece of equipment that sucks with a 10 minute slicer, an apreggio that shuts itself off, a sequencer that cuts off notes, little tiny buttons instead of pads, and a bunch of chessy sounds in it trying to be an mpc synth, i seriously cannot see anything thats dope about this machine, but to each his own.

have you ever sliced a sample on the rs, im sure you have, it takes like 10 minutes for it to slice on the mpc it takes like 10 seconds.
umm... yea... i got vids on youtube, actually complaining about that issue dunce.
i cant be associated with a piece of equipment that sucks with a 10 minute slicer, an apreggio that shuts itself off, a sequencer that cuts off notes, little tiny buttons instead of pads.
yet u have it in ur pic on ur myspace page... o...k.
...and a bunch of chessy sounds in it trying to be an mpc synth, i seriously cannot see anything thats dope about this machine
which MPC are u referring too? the RS has been out since 2001... every MPC with sounds came out years after that... get ur facts right b4 u talk sh!t.

now im past u fam... i got 50 cents for yours... do u take paypal?

da relic

Last edited:
every machine has its quirks. I guess that's the price you pay to touch what you create (hardware) and not have to use a mouse (software).

I hope this thread is not completely dead but relic, i have a question for you as i have found you to be pretty handy with an RS...

the filter seems to be acting a little funny, this is the first time I have tried using a band pass filter on a snare but on a built-in snare it does not seem to work. i have loaded a sample (my own) and put a synth patch on and it seems to work for those but i cannot get it to respond for a rom snare. Perhaps i have got something goofy.

can you verify that all available filter types work with the rom drums? it seems to make no difference which filter i select, they all act like a LPF on the rom snares.

a follow up

this problem only seems relevant on drumkits 1-20, 21+ seem to work fine with all filters. that seems intentional

Thanks,

Last edited:
I just saw a pic of it...regardless, I can understand having a hardware synth or drum machine, but a hardware sequencer seems just...inefficient for lack of (not wanting to say) another word.

waddup.. been gone for over a year... but anyway, yes repieper, the filters dont work on some of the percussion... i never questioned it.. didnt really care since it worked on samples... on the sequencer situation, i never needed anything past the RS sequencer... and when i listen to songs, past and present, the RS sequencer can duplicate everything i hear.. comes down to what u want... after awhile, u just hafta have peace of mind with what ur usin, which i have.

da relic

Back