RS7000 Anorak questions (anticipation)

i-clan

u know u luv it! here are some Q's.....

1> can it be backed up easily onto a zip drive - or directly to a computer?

2> Can it play a sound out of its audio outs and have that go thru hardware, and come back in to the audio ins and be recorded at the same time? ie-Full Duplex? (probably not, but that's cool).

3>Any ideas on how much it might be in Australia? When might it arrive?

The 256 samples limit ... is that meaning only 256 allowed to be loaded into Ram at one time? i guess that's a silly question, not sure, but i think it was pointless, hehe.

Any good groove quantisation?

is anyone having wet dreams about this thing yet?

PS - yes, i have read the spec page at yamaha ...

yeah, i know i should have already sussed this on the spec sheet, not wishing to appear like a zonkhead or nothin', but it can be sequenced real time, yes? like, u don't have to just step sequence, that's what i'm trying to ascertain. i imagine it can.

cheers :)

cmon lets rap about this little beast! i am addicted to thinking about it!!! :D

i know, my mission is to search this site for every single mention of this piece of deluxeness and read every word .... see ya in two days ...

Hey I-clan, Allan's music down here in Melbourne had an RS7000 on one of their flyers a while ago, it said the expected retail would be $3,995

What is an "Anorak question"???

i-clan said:
u know u luv it! here are some Q's.....

1> can it be backed up easily onto a zip drive - or directly to a computer?

2> Can it play a sound out of its audio outs and have that go thru hardware, and come back in to the audio ins and be recorded at the same time? ie-Full Duplex? (probably not, but that's cool).

3>Any ideas on how much it might be in Australia? When might it arrive?

The 256 samples limit ... is that meaning only 256 allowed to be loaded into Ram at one time? i guess that's a silly question, not sure, but i think it was pointless, hehe.

Any good groove quantisation?
is anyone having wet dreams about this thing yet?
PS - yes, i have read the spec page at yamaha ...
1) Yes. It has a SCSI connector.
2) Even easier would this be: it has got resample like the SU700. What kinda effect would you use that you don't have on the RS7000? Anyway. It's quite possible it has full duplex thingy cause you can loop and recrd a sample at the same time.
3) No
256 limit) Is that not enough for you you sick bastard? hehe :D... It's got SCSI, what more do ya need?

Of course it has got groove quantisation like a decent sequencer should have, and if thats not enough, the manual sequencing is with 1/480 PER BEAT!! precision.

I'm having wet dreams, or maybe it's because my roof is leaking...

Last edited:
Back