Which route do you think suits me? Went from Maschine to MPC. Now what?

moesulaiman

Hey Guys. Ive been struggling with finding the right path for me with regards to Production. I am a future Hip-Hop producer with an Influence of Alternative/Indie rock. the DAW I work with is FL Studio 10, and I am an avid Keyboardist. I sample from time to time, but generally speaking, I produce most of my own melodies/samples.

Here's my issue:

I heavily rely on my large database of VST Plugins (As I am a keyboard player). I owned a Maschine for a while, and I enjoyed it, however I didnt like the poor integration with FL Studio, neither with the Maschine DAW itself. However it's VST integration was a plus for me. The thing that swayed me to move on to the MPC was that My producing was lacking Hard hitting and natural feeling Drum's, and I decided to take the MPC route because of its Analog sound.

I bought an MPC 2500 and I enjoyed the workflow when it came to producing the drum tracks, and I really found it useful that the MPC did not rely on a Computer to produce. However, because I am a keyboardist, and because of my comfort with FL Studio and its VST capability, I knew that the MPC's lack of VST integration led me to thinking about a new piece of hardware/controller.

My Question:

Does anyone have any suggestions for a controller/hardware that you think would suit my style? And That would speed up my workflow?

I've thought about the MPC Renaissance, and going back to the Maschine and making due with it. Any insight would be great.

Thanks,

Moe

Just stick with what you have.I assume you have a midi keyboard,if so you can use that to lay your
melodies and use the MPC to control some sort of drum vsti.I think people forget the M in MPC stands
for MIDI.And even if you don't have a controller you can still do melodies with the mpc,it's not as easy
but it is possible.

Peace

Have you tried Battery? Its a vst that allows you to load your own drum sounds. You may like it

re

i dont see any point in buying more unless you like wasting money. you have what you need. machine would work fine and an mpc would work fine. Cats have made hits on all those. Just use vsts with the mpc and call it a day. Fl's midi integration leaves much to be desired but I would just make music and not worry about the gear too much at this point.

Back