The Roland VS 880

C

Cerpin Taxt

If anybody knows about this 8 track can you tell me if you need to use The Roland CDR II to burn a to CD or can you use any cd burner ?

Cerpin Taxt said:
If anybody knows about this 8 track can you tell me if you need to use The Roland CDR II to burn a to CD or can you use any cd burner ?

The CDRII is just a an external SCSI CD drive-nothing special. They used Plextor drives in the enclosures and were sorta noisy for the most part.

Last edited by a moderator:
Cerpin Taxt said:
So can I use any SCSI CD drive with it ?

Any enclosure can suffice . Drives themselves tend to be finicky. Sony and NEC drives tended to be the most temperamental. Also pay attention to the connector on the back of the enclosure to make sure it matches the SCSI cable you have.

The 890 and 880EX has CD burning for sure but the 880 standard needed an update to make it work with the CDRII. Roland should still have the update available on their site or it should on one of the support VS user sites.

I think there was also a v-expanded update for it that added a few of features to it.

You could check ebay to find some external cd burners that may be compatible with the 880. Also check out www.vsplanet.com for questions such as the one you asked. You may find a better answer.

Last edited:
Back