Roland R-5 drum machine

• Thread starter bigpoppapump1173
  • Start date
B

bigpoppapump1173

One of my friends left a Roland R-5 drum machine at my house and doesn't care to take it back with him so I'm gonna keep it. Only problem is he doesn't know where the power supply is. Do you guys know anywhere I can buy one?

Not necessarily the original roland one, but something that will work. I went to Sam Ash and they said they didn't have it.

Any ideas? thanks.

Yes the roland one would be the safest, but you could try this:

Look at what voltage, amperage (sp?), and polarity the R-5 needs

then get a transformer with the EXACT specs for it

you may need to bring the R-5 with you to a store if you dont know where these details are... Generally people will help you there to get what you need.

I did this with the VIRUS B I had. I brought it from France and the transformer I had there was for 220V/50Hz. Instead of adding a "converter" for US current, I just replaced the transformer altogether... Making sure Voltage, amperage and polarity were correct.

You can blow it up - so don't do trial and errors ;) .. instead get someone to look at the numbers and make *sure* that it will work before plugging it.

Good luck.

Ok thanks...where did you do for the new power adapter? What are some stores I should check? Thanks for the info.

Roland does not sell power adapters anymore, I had to go through he same thing to get a power supply for my R-8. Your gonna have to make a custom one or find a used one on ebay, luckily I found mine in the back of a gear shop after looking for months with no luck.

Not sure what part you didn't read, but I have the power adapter for sale !!!!

R5 Power adapter is in front of me.
I don't need one. I have one!! Hello!!!

---------- Post added at 11:36 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:30 AM ----------

Price with delivery in the US is $40 for Roland power adapter for R5 or R8 Drum Machine. Original and in great condition.

Back