Reset/switch off problem!

N

nite88

Hello!

I'm kindly asking you guys for help, I just bought second hand MPC 1000 with JJ OS1 v4.97. It is an old model (red and blue one) and is upgraded with 128MB RAM and 60GB hard drive. I've barely know how to use it, becouse I had it only for 2 days, but I've noticed one thing. I was using my MPC yesterday for the first time and the LCD screen started blinking during the use. After hour and a half my MPC just reseted (swithed off and on) twice by it self. I've turned it off and waited few minutes, then I powered it on again few times. Two of 4 times that I've powered it on, it has reseted by it self, when the JJ OS1 version 4.97 sign was shown on the screen.

Today I've tried on different power sources, even on UPS battery source and it's always the same. When I power it on, screen keeps slightly blinking and when it comes to the MAIN menu, it's stable for some time, but if you use MPC just clicking thru the menu or whatever, screen starts to blink again.

So today I've powered it on again and left it in the MAIN menu, not doing anything. I've noticed that after 15min to half an hour it started reseting (switching on and off) by it self again. So my MPC is useless like that, becouse it could power off any time during the work.

I don't know what could be the problem, I've tried to search the net, but found nothing useful. I would be realy thankful, if you guys could help me or give me any advice.

Thanks!

install the latest os and see if the problem still happening

maybe, open it up and check for some damages inside

log on to mpc-forums.com, you ll be able to get better help

Back