REALLY Need Help. Just Bought an MPC 2000xl

raya

Just bought this amazing machine that I've wanted since I was 12, I bring it home, it turns on, but literally nothing responds when I'm using the buttons, cursor or drum pads. The main screen comes up, everything lights up and on, but it seems as though it won't react to anything. I even loaded some drum sounds onto a CF (it seems to have an updated drive) and nothing responds from that either. I bought this for 350 as a birthday gift to myself from CL, so I would love to get it up and running. Any suggestions? I've looked through the manual and from what YT tutorials I've seen, what I'm experiencing doesn't seem to be the norm.

You either have bad ram,a corrupted o.s.,a loose cable or just a bad unit.
If you feel comfortable opening her up you can change the ram,ebay has it pretty cheap right now
If it's the o.s you can download it and re-install it.If it's a cable it's just simply making sure they
are all sitting properly.It could be the 8 outs or effects board as well so take them out if you have
them.If you don't want to open her up yourself you should try http://www.vstservice.comThey're reasonably
priced and do most repairs rather quickly.

Peace

Back