Questions about the Roland MV Series

J

Jlacck

Hey I have a question about the MV 8800/8000. I just recently started playing around with Battery on my lap top and have grown to really like it quite a lot. I found that I'm able to quickly load and tweak or layer sounds very easily which allows me to maintain my flow when composing a track. This has me thinking about investing in something that could be the "hardware equivalent" of Battery.

Main features I like about Battery:

1.) The ability to preview samples on the hard drive before i load them (I have tons of drum samples on my hard drive so it helps to be able to quickly go through them to find something I want to use)
2.) The flexibility in being able to easily load/replace samples and make tweaks to them. (My currently sampler though VERY powerful, takes longer to stroll through samples to find what I want to use (thas not to even mention the time it takes to tweak the settings after I find something).

Having said all of that, I'm wondering if something like the MV 8800/8000 offers features that are very similiar to Battery. I'm considering purchasing one if the speed and flexibility rivals or even exceeds what battery can do.

I am already pretty familiar with the MPC's (especially the 2000xl-3000) and while I definitely think they are great machines, I person didn't feel like they offered a lot of options that I need (at least not when compared to battery or other sampler's I've used).

If anyone can give me a run down on the ease of use or speed and flexibility of the MV series as it may compare to Battery, I would really appreciate it.

Thanks

Back