question for beginner hardware

Vijay Raju

I want to get an mpc but I'm having trouble deciding what to invest in. Right now I use FL studio for everything...

I want something that doesn't have a high learning curve but at the same time isn't limited for what it costs.

People have told me get an akai mpc2000 ...but it seems to be out of production or something?

Anyways, any help/feedback is very much appreciated.

The MPC 2000 is very limited in features. Since you are already using software, why do you want to go to an MPC? What features are you looking for that FL does not have?

No one can tell you what to get. YOU need to look at all the features that you want or need. Then do a comparison between the MPC's.

Honestly you could get a Pad controller such as the AKAI MPD, it comes with a version of Ableton live lite which has more features compared to the MPC. And it will cost you less.

i'd suggest you to get roland mv8000 or 8800 depends on your budget.. you can plug a monitor and the mouse to it. used mv8000 is really cheap, you can get 1 from 600-700$ jus lookup for it, mv88 start from 1300 n up. watch the vids on you tube. if you have any questions jus ask i use mv88

i started on fl and have since owned an mpc 500, an mpc1000, a sp606, and an mv8000.

i've sold the other samplers and kept just the mpc 1000, it's been my favorite. the mpc is definitely more limited than software but it does basically everything i want it to and has a whole different feel than using software. i still use fl8 w/ my padkontrol every now and then though.

Last edited:
Theres nothing wrong with mpc 2000s. But the real question is why do you want one? The mpc 2000 has been out of production for about 10 years now which isn't a bad thing but it may not have every feature u r used to having. People make bangers with older gear than that. And a lot of industry dudes use the Mpc 3000 which came out before the 2000 did. If you are just looking for a cheap mpc the 2000 non xl is definately the cheapest one you will find. If you need something with all the latest features the 1000 or 500 may be a better bet. But its all on you. I personally get down on the Ensoniq EPS classic which is older than any mpc and I can still get down. Premier uses the Mpc 60 which is the original mpc and he has made many classics on just it. So don't let dudes fool u and talk u outta what you want kuz of features and software can do this and that ect. And for the dude talkin about Ableton lite. Ableton Lite is some str8 bs. U get 5 tracks its a combo of audio and midi and only comes with the sh*t u already buy. If u buy a mpd 32 ur lookin at spending $300 u can easily get a mpc 2000 for $200 to $400 on craigslist

Xabiton said:
And for the dude talkin about Ableton lite. Ableton Lite is some str8 bs. U get 5 tracks its a combo of audio and midi and only comes with the sh*t u already buy. If u buy a mpd 32 ur lookin at spending $300 u can easily get a mpc 2000 for $200 to $400 on craigslist

I am only pointing out other products. Nowhere in my post did I try to encourage him to buy anything.

If Vijay Raju is already using software it will be cheaper for him to stay with software. If he goes the MPC route he will need to buy cables to track out, midi cables, an audio/midi interface to connect with his computer.

and yes, Ableton lite only allows 5 tracks. So what? If he is lucky to get a MPC 2000 with the analog 8 out he can only track out how many tracks at a time?

Vijay Raju, as I already stated b4, "No one can tell you what to get. YOU need to look at all the features that you want or need. Then do a comparison between the MPC's." and other products as well.

Back