Problems with MPC2000XL MCD

butternutsquash

I recently got a MPC2000XL MCD and I was planning on using Compact Flash Cards to move samples and sequences between my MPC and PC. I tried using a 15mb card, and it just says "Not Ready!!" when I go to format the card. The light next to the CF card drive doesn't turn on either. Also, if anyone can help me partition a 2gb CF Card for it to work in the 2KXL, i would appreciate it, as i have had a lot of trouble doing that too. Thank you.

If you didn't update the O.S. to 1.2 then you're not going to be able to use the MCD.
If you had an external scsi MCD you could use the 2gb card but the internal is ATAPI and
will only read up to a gig.You can still use the card but it won't see the second gig.

Peace

If you didn't update the O.S. to 1.2 then you're not going to be able to use the MCD.
If you had an external scsi MCD you could use the 2gb card but the internal is ATAPI and
will only read up to a gig.You can still use the card but it won't see the second gig.

Peace

I have the 1.2 OS, but it still wont recognize anything I give it.

Could be the card then.I had just bought 2 1gbs and for some reason it won't pick them up at all.The Sandisk i have works flawlessly though and it's 4gb.Maybe try to find a sandisk and give it a shot.It might also have to do with them being ultra or Ultra II or whatever it is but i have to look into that more.Good luck.

Peace

Could be the card then.I had just bought 2 1gbs and for some reason it won't pick them up at all.The Sandisk i have works flawlessly though and it's 4gb.Maybe try to find a sandisk and give it a shot.It might also have to do with them being ultra or Ultra II or whatever it is but i have to look into that more.Good luck.

Peace

Thanks man

Back