Polls: Are MPC's Passe?

• Yes

Votes: 8 38.1%
  • No

Votes: 13 61.9%

• Total voters

labdummy

@LabDummy
W/ all the new technology such as NI's Maschine, Battery, DAW Samplers & so on.. Are MPC's a thing of the past?

Last edited:
yes. The MPC has a placebo effect on producers. I think a lot of the things that the MPC are great at can be duplicated in other DAWS, but workflow is everything and i do stil know a couple of producers who still love the MPC .. Jaisu, Honorable C Note, to name a few.

kinda. Although Mpc imitators seem to be very popular. Although some still go strong like Araab Muzik

Just really depends on the person and the end goal. I have an MPC that I have used as an overpriced MPD for years but I can still see some situations where someone would prefer to sequence on the MPC.

I could see for some with the mindset of being able to quickly and efficiently print a track go the software route. Some people tho, you can't tell them different. Just boils down to what you prefer for your workflow.

I'm still tryna grab that MPC Renaissance. Before I got rid uh my 1000, I made my own templates in FL. Love the MPC, wish it woulda worked w/ FL how I wanted, they both want the spotlight. Lol

MPC's will always have a following. Of course with Maschine and other tools, many are skipping MPC's, but Akai will be back with the MPCs very shortly. Hardware MPC's still have relevance it you are in a hardware environment. I have some hardware tools and things like Maschine are great, but they are not as great at controlling a rack of modules, or multiple tier keyboards, etc.

I believe they can still be utilized...every piece of production or dj equipment can be utilized 100 ;)

MPCs are def not a thing of the past especially now the since the REN/studio is out, they got the forumla right from the very beginning and as long as they keep coming out with new mpc that are improve as the technology evolves I don't think they will ever be a thing of the past. If mpcs were a thing of the past NI would of never made a product trying to compete with mpcs to begin with, and I still think the workflow lacks on the maschine, there is gear from 80s that people still love and use so I don't think maschine will ever be a thing of the past as long as they keep updating it, same goes for software like fruity loops or reason, as long as these companies keep updating themselves and staying fresh they will always be getting used.

re

I still see them in every hip hop guy's studio I go into. Same as its been for years. I know, for me they will likely always have a place in my studios.

MPCs are def not a thing of the past especially now the since the REN/studio is out, they got the forumla right from the very beginning and as long as they keep coming out with new mpc that are improve as the technology evolves I don't think they will ever be a thing of the past. If mpcs were a thing of the past NI would of never made a product trying to compete with mpcs to begin with, and I still think the workflow lacks on the maschine, there is gear from 80s that people still love and use so I don't think maschine will ever be a thing of the past as long as they keep updating it, same goes for software like fruity loops or reason, as long as these companies keep updating themselves and staying fresh they will always be getting used.

I agree about the Renessaince & Studio. They take the best parts of the MPC, the hardware, the sequencer, and the best part of a PC, RAM, HD, Processing Power & put out the best of both worlds.

MPCs are a thing of the past but that's part of their appeal. The history behind them, who used them and how many crazy ways people flip them. But I would t say MPCs are outdated because they're still the most viable, affordable alternative to software and nobody seems to want to compete with MPCs so I think they'll always have a place in both hardware and software driven studios and I would definitely love to have one even if it's a 500 just to say I had one lol

there a new mpc the mpc studio that seem pretty nice people still use mpc pad i got me an mpd pad kind of the same thing but cost less so no i would say mpc still in the game

i might get a studio but i think i'll get a maschine 2 because akai seems to drop products and never fix and issues once they're out. maschine i know will get regular updates. i'm waiting till the new akai products to drop for legit reviews rather than speculation before i decide.

Yeah akai has seemingly abandoned the 1000 and 2500 and JJ is the one releasing the updates now lol, those XL screens mpc stuff just put out make me want an MPC 1000 so bad, it's like a mini MV-8000

Back