Polls: Are MPC's Passe?

Polls: Are MPC's Passe?

• Yes

Votes: 8 38.1%
  • No

Votes: 13 61.9%

• Total voters
MPC - music production center. If you use vsts and external gear , maaan for the amount of midi control , ports and midi cc messages it sends (which you can use in the PC also) but yeah JJOS XL is crucial. Im seeing more and more that it can be a real live session center piece if you incorporate external gear .

I have been using Reason, Cubase, etc... But, I'm getting a new MPC 2500, loaded with the big screen, and extra thick pads. I just love using a real drum machine. Akai is only making the Mpc 1000 and I think they might phaze it out as well.

LoL. Akai released the Ren because they are a for-profit business. Which means you will do what's necessary to generate income.

Well if Nukai doesn't get an update out for the Ren sooner than later, folks will be singing deja vu all over again.
Remember the mpc 5k? And does anybody remember the issues it had/has, the amount of O.S. updates it recieved, and how long it stay around before Nukai acknowledged it truely was a bust?

There's no more new 5k's being solded anymore. All you can find now is used & reconditioned. But mpc's aren't dead yet, they're just going through a faze until a new generation is able to bring it back to its glory days.

It depends if you prefer software or hardware. If your workflow is computer based than of course the MPC is passe. But for people who rather utilize hardware, such as myself, than there is still a key role the MPC plays in production( given that the MPC is their machine of choice). I think the better question to ask is if drum machines and synth keyboards are passe because everything now is midi controllers and VSTs.

Back