PLEASE HELP - Insufficient memory error!! MPC1000

F

FL!p

PLEASE HELLLPPP

hi guys,

I switched from FL Studio to an MPC1000 last week but don't really understand how the MPC works yet. I downloaded the JJ OS 3.09 from the internet for free and i loaded it on my MPC, that works!

I loaded some drum sample via usb on my flashcard and 1 song which i wanted to sample. Then i go into the ''load'' mode of my MPC and transfer the song from my FC to the 16mb internal memory...that works.

PROBLEM: Then when i go to ''trim'' it said ''Insufficient memory to operate'' when i want to auto chop or pitch shift or time stetch .... and it seems like it loaded just a little part of the song.... i don't understand...

maybe you guys think the answer is simple but i really suck in PC and electronic in general !! Lol.

ANSWER???? should i buy an hard drive kit with and 120gb harddrive? Do I need that 128mb upgrade too? And should i get the JJ OS 2???

I've got so many interrogations right now, i can't wait to be able to make beats like a used to do with FL studio. Can't wait to be able to use my axiom25 as a midi on my mpc...i've no idea how to do it but i'll take it one step at a time and start with my memory problem.

PLEASE HEEEEELLLPPPPPPP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You loaded a full song there? That's a lot of sampletime.. Only load/record the parts you are going to sample, or if you are going to load the full song, first discard the parts you are not going to sample from it.

And buy more ram.

Last edited:
Google "insufficient memory mpc 1000" and you'll find about 100,000,000 results answering this question.

In short: buy RAM.

Renaissance....i know but i couldnt imagine that with the basic material that akai put into this mpc wasnt enough to load 1 song and a couple of drum samples, i though maybe the problem was comin from my machin itself. Thanks a lot

I'm currently working with a mpc 1000 and I've been running pretty smoothly with the device but I've come across a problem. I have a sample i want to chop up a sample but when i do i get an "insufficient memory" message that pops up on the mpc screen. When i initially saw the message i plugged in my usb cable to my computer to pull up my sound files and began deleting the unessesary files to clear up space. After i deleted the sounds i then proceeded to go back to my mpc and chop but i received the same message. Does anyone know if this is a malfunction or how do you delete the files on the actual mpc verses the files on the computer.

How big is the sample you are chopping, and how big are the chops? I rock my trusty old 2000XL and I'm not sure how the file transferring via usb works. It's possible to delete unnecessary files in MPC's memory via usb? You need to delete sounds that you have loaded with the MPC, the samples you currently can assign to programs. How much memory you have installed in it and how much sample time does your MPC show?

Back