PadKontrol Or MPD24?

R

Rpm420

which one do you think is better to get?

i've heard a lot of talk about the MPD24 and seen some very good reviews, but recently heard some people say there's some bad too, and it seemed to have lower reviews thanthe padkontrol....but the padkontrol i don't hear much talk about, so if it's better like people are saying, than why's that? the guy at guitar center keep insisting how much better the PK was, but which do you think is better and why?

I love the PadKontrol (I own it) but I also really like the MPD 24 (Do not own it),let me ask you this: do you use PC or Mac and do you use Ableton Live? The reason I am asking is because there is a cool program on the web a dude named Stray made utilizing the PadKontrol with Ableton Live and it is freakin awesome! This download makes Ableton Live very easy to use and almost completely eliminates the need for your mouse and keyboard. Check it out at www.youtube.com type in stray411 in the search and check out the video's! He also has a website where you can to get the download and instructions, the site is http://beatwise.proboards80.com/

Go check it out, but again, it only works for PC users right now and I am not sure if that will change or not? Just a little bit of info to maybe help with your decision if you are an Ableton Live user and own a PC?

PEACE

kcsherrell

Yeah, Ableton Live is a DAW and very good program for DJ's or remixers, etc... alot of people like using it in a live environment too, hence the name Live! Go to ableton.com and check it out, there is a free demo and also check out the site I gave you in the last post too!

PEACE!

kcsherrell

and if you buy a padkontrol u get a free copy of ableton live lite 4. And they just let me download a free copy of live lite 6. I use sonar but live is a fun substitute. Its a much easier daw in my opinion and I really like it for certain projects. I have never used a mpd24 but I can tell you hw much I love my PK. I bought it to use with my fantom and to travel with my laptop. The pad are different then most drum pads they really dont depress like there were buttons underneath. I like the velocity sensitivity. Its easy to switch through and edit scenes(key layouts for the pads). The pad trigger well even when struck on the edges. And even though its plastic It feels built pretty well. Also there is an XY pad on it that it uses for drum rolls and flam. Well yesterday, and I dont know what I did to cause this, but the xy pad was also controlling the reverb on the fantom. Different finger positions caused different amounts of reverb and that was really cool. Im going to have to figure that out.

Last edited:
Back