Opinions wanted: EMU E4

boboroshi

Anyone have or use an EMU E4 or E4 UltraXt? Comments? Rants? Raves? comparisons? fair prices? places to purchase, etc.?

E4 is perfect (XT or Platinum). The only problem? PRICE!

other than that, nothing is wrong with it :)

though I would buy a yamaha A4000 or one of the cheaper EMUs though... because they are great products as well, and are half the price if not a quarter

Great Scott!

$3500?!?!? ouch. Time to start saving I guess. oy veh. Thanks for the other recommendations, ManoOne.

E-mu make great samplers. I've got an E5000 (same operating system as the E4) and it's great. I've never used a Yamaha so I can't comment, but I prefer it to the Akai 3000's (it's easier to use and sounds better to my ears).

:cheers:
KasioRoks

all the cheaper samplers have been discontinued :cry:

yamaha dont make them any more

the cheapest emu is the E5000 now from emu and akai is the s3000xl

Go for a E5000 if cash is a bit short at the moment as you can upgrade it to the spec of a EIV XT Platinum !!!

It works out more expensive in the long run but it means you don't have to save up for 12 months !!!!!!

:monkey:

Peace

TSUNAMI

Yeah, I'm thinking I might go ahead and save up for the big kahuna. I've got a softsampler in Reason and Cubase/Halion that I can use for studio work until then. It's more so being able to get those things set up for live performance.

I'll look at the 5000 too. Thanks Tsunami, et al.

Stay well clear of the Yamaha's as the load times are sssssssooooooooooo........... SSSSSlllllllOOOOOOOWWWWWWWW................
even over SCSI.

Thats why i never got the A5000 and i went for the EMU E5000 !!! I can load in 128 meg in about 35 secs over SCSI !!! Thats pretty fast by anybodys standards !!!

Peace

TSUNAMI

Originally posted by Tsunami
Go for a E5000 if cash is a bit short at the moment as you can upgrade it to the spec of a EIV XT Platinum !!!

No you can't - I think the the E4 (and all the models above the E5000) have greater polyphony and a few other things as well. Check out the E-mu website for more details, as I can't remember offhand. To me these differences didn't make much odds as I don't need that many voices.

KasioRoks

I paid £1100 with Scsi Cdrom and 128meg for the basic model about 9 months ago....

And yes you can upgrade to full EIV spec including 128 notepoly use the EMU EULT/128 expansion board about £399

Peace

TSUNAMI

Last edited by a moderator:
Originally posted by TSUNAMI
And yes you can upgrade to full EIV spec including 128 notepoly use the EMU EULT/128 expansion board about £399

If you say so, the E-mu website says different, but there may have been a change since that was last updated? It's hard to tell whether the polyphony upgrade is the same one that you are talking about (they refer to it as 6860 only).

KasioRoks

Last edited by a moderator:
I just recently got an emu e4xt ultra and all I can say is wow. This thing is taking my music to a whole new level and I've barely tapped into what it can do. I must say that the internal effects on this sucker sound pretty damn good to me. Anyone played around with the rfx-32 card? I'm looking to get one for my baby.

Back