Oasys v. XS v. Fantom-G

• KORG OASYS

Votes: 31 29.5%
  • Motif-XS

Votes: 34 32.4%
  • Fantom-G

Votes: 40 38.1%

• Total voters
The OASYS is simply in a class all by itself.

It really should be M3 vs. MotifXS vs. Fantom G

dansgold said:
The OASYS is simply in a class all by itself.

It really should be M3 vs. MotifXS vs. Fantom G

from all the info from many people, it seems that Roland built Fantom-G to compete with OASYS.
Before everyone was talking about "Oasys killer" from Roland

dude the oasys wipes the floor clean of these synths.. it wipes the floor with pretty much everything out there in the digital world

Synth wise:OASYS is the best.

Overall Sound: MOTIF XS

Sequencer/Audio Recorder: Fantom-G

Effects: OASYS

(btw, I'm selling My OASYS 76 on ebay BuyItNow or best offer)

Oasys hands down if off the hook! I played all of them the O is off the hook. Only thing I don't like is that it don't have weighted keys, to be 88/76 keys and not weighted is disturbing to me. That's why I went and bought the VMK 66 key controller weighted keys from Fatar, HOT!

DaNOC said:
Oasys hands down if off the hook! I played all of them the O is off the hook. Only thing I don't like is that it don't have weighted keys, to be 88/76 keys and not weighted is disturbing to me. That's why I went and bought the VMK 66 key controller weighted keys from Fatar, HOT!

WOW!!!!

You Have played the Fantom "G" already?!??!?!?!

:(

fatar keys are wicked... but who needs weighted keys other than trained pianists? even without weighted velocity still works right imo

The Oasys doesn't have semi weight keys???? That crazy, if I'm spending $8G. If your spending that much money you might as well bought, a Fantom G, Motif XS and if you have any money left buy the entry level Miko.

The Oasys is a collection of several of Korgs Synth architectures and the price is $8000+. The Fantom is ROMpler workstation that advances the Fantom series. Apples and Oranges.

One other difference....the Fantom series is hugely succcesful. The Oasys is a sales flop. It was predicted early that buyers that would like such a powerhouse as the Oasys wouldn't bite being that it could be done with software for small fraction of the Oasys' cost. That seems to be the case.

Last edited by a moderator:
Tha Fantom G Is Gonna Be That New Hot Ish
Ima Holla At On Of Them

Back