NI Maschine, worth the fun factor or gets boring quick?

i love my maschine mikro, best peice of equiptment ive ever owned for beat making! i have had the mpk25, axion 49 key studio and now the maschine and love it besides the bullshit with activation and all that its amazing only thing thats sucks is buying a used one its a huge hassle to register if you dont know the old owner - its quick workflow and program works great! colours are cool and the pads feel alot better then mpc pads in my opinion...buy one!
http://www.soundcloud.com/jus-beats

Last edited by a moderator:
With the exception of vocals I do pretty much all of my instrument recording/tracking (bass, acoustic and electric guitars + percussion etc) direct into Maschine. Find it much easier than recording into either of my 2 DAWs. I'll pretty much work the whole track in Maschine and then export to S1 or Cubase.

The samples it comes with are very high quality and don't get old. It is very user friendly and easy to make a quick beat. I find myself using maschine to come up with simple beat melodies and ideas, and then exporting the track out files to my DAW and doing the rest in there. It's very fun to mess around with, but honestly you're better off using the DAW of your choice.

Last edited:
I've had the Maschine Mikro MK2 for about 2 weeks now and it's simply the best music equipment purchase I've made in over 10 years - it's completely revitalised my workflow and reinvigorated my production style. I'd recommend anyone to give it a try - and for the price of the Mikro it's well work it. I'm so bought into it you could mistake me for an NI employee!

I have the maschine studio, Great tool only got the studio because it was on sale..
(Got it for $800) I really wanted to get the Mk1 with only blue and orange lights..
the other maschine are just too colorful for me i think.. XD would i be a fool to go ahead and get a maschine mk1 even though i have the studio?
hahahaha.

I have the maschine studio, Great tool only got the studio because it was on sale..
(Got it for $800) I really wanted to get the Mk1 with only blue and orange lights..
the other maschine are just too colorful for me i think.. XD would i be a fool to go ahead and get a maschine mk1 even though i have the studio?
hahahaha.

You can assign the light colour to specific pads which can be really useful - I sometimes chop a sample and turn the chops I'm most likely to use 1 colour chops I won't use another... Or if I have 2 choke groups within a set of chops I'll have them different colours...

I gave up music, or so i thought..last time I made a beat was on Maschine back in 2012. I recently just brought it back out because I'm attending a music school and they gave me a new macbook, but this thing doesn't have an onboard disc drive so I'm sitting here trying to figure out how i'm going to install this thing.

Back