nervous of buying faulty equip (bugs ect.)from sellers on e-bay ect.

H

Hollow I3oNeS

especially since the sequencer im looking to buy is totally new to me!!!! what are the most important things to look for ???

Last edited by a moderator:
-feedback rating. if it's below 98%, then Id be even more careful. make sure the sellers feedbacks aren't private.

-the back of the unit. look for scratches in the pictures, if it's provided. If the back looks tore up, avoiiiid!!

-ask the dude questions. if he gives you a half assed answer, mixed with low seller rating, be careful.

what sequencer are you buying?

mpc 5000 !!! Question the page on e-bay is all in french does anyone know how to switch it to english so i can know what comes with it cords ect. ??? im an e-bay noobie all i really know about this site is that his feedback rating is 99 percent .

probably french e-bay he's french canadian! cause all the tasks are french not just about the item s itself EVERYTHING ...i wish i paid more attention in french calass type of thing ...cause its a really good deal as far as i know .

Hollow I3oNeS said:
probably french e-bay he's french canadian! cause all the tasks are french not just about the item s itself EVERYTHING ...i wish i paid more attention in french calass type of thing ...cause its a really good deal as far as i know .

unless ur paying less than 1500, don't waste ur money. The mpc5000 is not very good to begin with, and used is NEVER smart for audio equipment if you don't have to. That being said, if you want an mpc... get a maxed out 2000xl, they are still superior to the 5000, which is almost worthless due to bugs, and it is not likely os 2 will run smoothly either, due to akai's recent track record(every product they released from the 4000 on has been a failure). If anything, save the money and get a cheaper MV, however these are not so great either. My recomendation is get a creation station from sweet water, a MPD32, and komplete 5(unless u run pro tools, in that case get structure and transfuser, as komplete 5 can cause problems in pt). However, if you run cubase sx or nuendo, komplete is the way to go. Will be far more powerful than a 5000, and can be upgraded. the 5000 is a terrible waste of money. OR if you can afford it, bite the bullet and get the gen 5 miko for 4600... has mpc pads, a keyboard, and the most powerful computer u'll ever need, fully upgradable.

well yes i do use pro tools !!!! but really been looking into the gem genesys xp already got a pretty sick midi controller yamaha xs 6
the only problem is that i cant find it anywhere thought i did at one point but it read discontinued meaning what ? ive heard nothing bad about it and no-one seems to know about it this thing is ridiculous just read the specs talking 16 part patches ethnic an world sounds so much others just take a look !!!! and if anyone can get back at me about one for a good price good shape i'll buy:

Back