Need help with ASR-X and MPC2000 midi

greg0413

Hey guys, I am new to the forum and new to music production. I have an ASR-X that i'm to MIDI with an AKAI MPC 2000. What I would like to do is control the sound banks from the ASR-X and play the pads/sequencing using the MPC. I have the MIDI cables set up properly. I changed the ASR-X MIDI settings to Clock Source=MIDI and Play Pads Local=Off. On the MPC Midi/Sync menu, I set Sync out to MIDI. What's happening now is that I can sample sounds from the ASR-X but the MPC's pads will not automatically map with the ASR's sound bank(s). Is it possible for the MPC to map the ASR-X's sound banks without having to sample each sound individually?

I haven't used an ASR-X in years but you might want to make a midi template on the MPC and see if that helps.And what i mean by template is,make a midi program and assign each note in sequential order.Start from pad 1 in the program assign screen and change the note to 35,2 to 36,3 to 37 etc until you've gone through all 64 pads up to 99.Save the pgm as miditemplate or whatever.You'll had to load it every time but it should be like using auto-chromatic assign if it works with the ASR banks properly.

Peace

Back