MY SAMPLER IS THE BEST!!

Because on the SU700 for example, you'd have to copy the sample across a few different tracks, then adjust the pitch of each one. With a sampler that supports transposing, you can just play different keys (within one octave or so). Also, samplers that support transposing can be used with ReCycle, which makes chopping up samples too easy, and ReCycle will send the chopped up sample parts to different keys for you. It just makes life a little bit easier, that's all.

Transposing a sample along a keyboard is invaluable!Basically, the sampling of loops and phrases doesn't require it, but lets say you sample a pad from a synth, at an original pitch of C3... You can then actually play the sample, playing chords and building up your own melodies with it, as if it were a sound from a synth.

I got the software... I need help buying hardware

Software I have:
Gigasampler
Reason
Rebirth
Cubase VST
(much more)

Hardware:
Been looking at a hardware sampler and/or MIDI Keyboard.

I want to be able to phrase sample and create beats, but I mostly do this with software now.

I'm looking for the real-time controllability.

What do I need?
I was eyeing the SU700 myself, but am unsure if a keyboard wouldn't be better...
I do use a computer as my recording/production studio and have a fast cpu(1.1Ghz).

Thanks for any advice...

Sumner :cool:

Well, like I said, I love my SU700. It's great for drums and pads and one-shots. It has a lot of real-time control. It's VERY slow to load samples. It's a great first sampler, and you might not need another one. One thing, though.........be sure and buy extra memory and the SCSI card, and if you want to record, the multiple I/O card.

Back