MV8000 vs. MV8800 What is the difference???

I've heard stories of people freezing their mv's once you pass the 512mb limit.
!!!:bigeyes: Who in the hell uses that much RAM???? What? Are we sampling albums??? Your shit should freeze if you need to use 512mb RAM to make a track...:p

---------- Post added at 09:16 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:04 PM ----------

PostPost: Just picked up an MV-8800 off of eBay still sealed for under $700.shipped. I used to own the 8000 so I'll give a comparison when it gets here.

!!!:bigeyes: Who in the hell uses that much RAM???? What? Are we sampling albums??? Your shit should freeze if you need to use 512mb RAM to make a track...:p

---------- Post added at 09:16 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:04 PM ----------

PostPost: Just picked up an MV-8800 off of eBay still sealed for under $700.shipped. I used to own the 8000 so I'll give a comparison when it gets here.
I don't know who would. To be honest I still have the 128mb stock ram, and at max I use maybe 16mb with audio tracks and everything. It's about how you utilize your ram, not how much you have.

Great deal for an 8800, I'm gonna get another one real soon just cause they're so cheap and the mv is my main machine. Great back-up if my 8000 ever fails me. :D

Great deal for an 8800, I'm gonna get another one real soon just cause they're so cheap and the mv is my main machine. Great back-up if my 8000 ever fails me.
Yea, def can pick one up around $800. Which is wild considering I bought my MV 8000 for $2000. just 5 years ago...I guess that's a long time? lol. :o

I started to scoop up a MV 8800 not long ago, they were super cheap, brand new

Here are some differences, on the 8800 you can save your mfx setting, 8000 you can not, zero crossing, some other menu changes, don't sleep on the floppie drive, never know when you will come a cross a stack floppies with sounds on them

Back