mpd32 vs maschine

Status
Not open for further replies.

RomeGEP

so ive came to the conclusion that i want one of these two machines i was wondering if any of u could lend me ur opinions and what u know about their features

They do two very different things. The MPD is a midi controller only the NI Maschine is a midi controller and a computer-based sequencer.

the maschine is also a sampler. it's a standalone sampler at that. you can do all your slicing and modulation on the hardware itself. if you don't mind doing your sampling on a computer sampler, you shouldnt have a problem with doing it on a mpd32, but if you want a real powerful machine that also comes with 6gb of it's own sounds along with other things... get the maschine

Save yourself some trouble and get a maschine. This will improve your workflow.

Maschine Rock People

Well I've been having some major issues with the Maschine, and I was originally a huge maschine guy (or so I thought). There are two very major flaws that really detract from it's overall attractiveness. One- Most important is that it's not stand alone. You cannot create a project from start to end with out the help of some other host software. This leads to communication issues, and having to become a "programmer", which immediately kills workflow, for me anyway. Second and almost just as crucial for me is = No sample stretching. So I have to again rely on another software in order to do what I want. So I personally have now been ALSO considering picking up the MPD32, because it seems like it integrates with Ableton pretty easily (big deal for me), and will allow me to do everything in one software, creating the best workflow possible, which is kind of the whole point, and not to mention will most resemble the workflow of an MPC which I'm personally very used to. My 2 cents

Just purchased the Maschine myself and also use Ableton. I have yet to use it as I have just ordered it, but I have heard great things about it and look forward to using it with my production and live shows.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back