MPD24 Help

Next Level

Hey guys this might be a bit lengthy so ill apologise for that!

I just received my MPD24 yesterday and plugged it in, computer said it was installed correctly, then i went to play some sounds in various programs and got nothing (it also wouldnt let me choose anything for Port IN, and only had my soundcard listed for Port OUT).. i read basicly all the instruction files i found and most of them said that i should have 'USB Audio Device' showing up when i look for my MPD on FL and other programs.. no dice, although it is showing up in Sounds and Audio devices under the Hardware tab, but wont show it in the Audio tab for me to set it to default midi or any other tab for that matter..

So i did a google search for people who were having similar problems and alot of people had suggested to update the firmware.. so i went ahead and visited the akaipro.com website and got the .syx file and the instructions adn followed them as i went... i did the erase of the old files and went to transfer the new ones over and the transfer box just flickers then goes away... and nothing is transfered.. so now im stuck with a 250 dollar empty box and ive got no clue how to fix it..

I have reinstalled the Uniquest crap like 12 times.. ive tried different USB cables... tried it on different computers and still the transfer wont continue.. am i missing something simple here??? anyway any help would be appreciated... again sori for the lengthy post ive just tried to explain it as best i could..

Thanks again

This same thing happened to me. If you call Akai, they will offer to have you send it to them for installation of the software. I just kept trying and trying.........and kept trying some more. I would sit in front of my TV with my laptop and MPD and keep trying to install the software. One day the isht finally worked. Then I tried to get the thing to work with FL7. Well what you will have to do is choose the MPC 2500 template in the MPD. You will then need to select the FPC instrument in channels. You will need to select generic midi device to get the MPD to play the sounds from the FPC. You will notice in the FPC each pad has a folder you can select to change the sound. Don't be surprised if the sounds you hit in the FPC don't match the pads on the MPD. I ended up getting rid of my MPD after all that crap.

Thanks a lot for that man.. i was hoping it wouldnt resort to sending it back because it took llong enough for the damn thing just to get here :(, ill email Akai and see what they can do! thanks again!

You can e-mail, but I called them. That's when dude was like you can send it in. I was like I'll keep trying to see if I can get it to work. Don't feel like waiting.......

I emailed the Akai people and they told me to have the number of buffers set to 8 and the Buffer Size set to 2500 for the Midi Port In settings. Then try to resend the update. That worked for me after a 2nd try (first time i got an error and just did the erase thing again and started again) and the 2nd time it worked a treat.. but that was on my other computer that seems to recognise the MPD as a USB Audio Device which its supposed to.. this computer (MY computer) doesnt do that though.. it doesnt seem to install properly on this computer no matter what USB port i use, but ive emailed the Akai people again on that and ill get back to you guys on that one.. hopefully this can help people out for future reference!

Last edited:
Ive had triggr finger and MPD16 now I have the MPD24. Small issue with it as well, but they sent me the drivers and blah blah blah, it worked fine. Id say call 'em see what they say. If you got to send it in, to hell wit it and get the Trigger Finger they are almost identical. I think the MPD is better built though more sturdy, but the general functions are the same.
These type of "PLUG AND PLAY" things are set up just like thumb drives or flash drives. The small amount of data that is put in them to work when plugged in is loaded at the factory, but sometimes it doesnt set properly. Thats not saying its a piece of trash, but that the software didnt set properly, again Ive had all 3 and Im happy with the MPD24 even after I had to reload the firmware as well.

mypsace.com/Drethe5th

Last edited:
hmm...

Next Level said:
I emailed the Akai people and they told me to have the number of buffers set to 8 and the Buffer Size set to 2500 for the Midi Port In settings. Then try to resend the update. That worked for me after a 2nd try (first time i got an error and just did the erase thing again and started again) and the 2nd time it worked a treat.. but that was on my other computer that seems to recognise the MPD as a USB Audio Device which its supposed to.. this computer (MY computer) doesnt do that though.. it doesnt seem to install properly on this computer no matter what USB port i use, but ive emailed the Akai people again on that and ill get back to you guys on that one.. hopefully this can help people out for future reference!

that's relatively weird cuz i never had a problem like you did.Either your computer doesn't like your mpd24 or i don't know what to tell you.First of all yes..you have to install the akai cd that came with your machine and the other stuff such as the uniquest(never used it either..never had to yet).set up your lcd screen on the mpd24 to MPC 2500, when you get to fl studio go to midi settings and you should set it up as ASIO . from there set up your pads in fpc(don't really have to use just fpc to make your beats but it is easier) there is a dude on this one mpd24 forum site named Equilbeats (something like that) that has procedures setting up everything. google mpd24 forums and you should find the site.I hope that helps too.I am actually thinking about making a vid on youtube.com about setting EVERYTHING up with you mpd24 in Fl studio cuz nobody hasn't done that yet.peace

Tigersharc1 said:
This same thing happened to me. If you call Akai, they will offer to have you send it to them for installation of the software. I just kept trying and trying.........and kept trying some more. I would sit in front of my TV with my laptop and MPD and keep trying to install the software. One day the isht finally worked. Then I tried to get the thing to work with FL7. Well what you will have to do is choose the MPC 2500 template in the MPD. You will then need to select the FPC instrument in channels. You will need to select generic midi device to get the MPD to play the sounds from the FPC. You will notice in the FPC each pad has a folder you can select to change the sound. Don't be surprised if the sounds you hit in the FPC don't match the pads on the MPD. I ended up getting rid of my MPD after all that crap.

where on the device do u choose the "MPC2500" template?

Back