MPD 18 Problem

theartistbsharp

Hi everyone,

recently my MPD 18 stopped sending midi messages. Its usb powered and still gets power but no DAW receives any messages. I thought it could be dust so tearfully opened it and cleaned it out, but it still doesn't work. Im not very technical so I'm just guessing, but I was thinking it could be something to do with the chip inside the MPD so was wondering if there is anyway to reset the MPD. I have carefully looked at the internals and nothing is visually broken or burnt out and compared to some of my other equipment its clean inside. Please help

Last edited:
That's as simple as replacing the sensors.
If it's not a usb power supply issue then otherwise a usbhub is essential

Sounds like a software issue. The MPD is just a controller. If the usb powers it then you gotta go into your DAW's MIDI settings and work it out there. Computers are like people too and forget stuff. Reinstall the units drivers. Akai makes shitty stuff as well.

Last edited:
Sounds like a software issue. The MPD is just a controller. If the usb powers it then you gotta go into your DAW's MIDI settings and work it out there. Computers are like people too and forget stuff. Reinstall the units drivers.

Agree. Had one of the old (1st gen) M-Audio Triggerfingers and regularly had to mess with midi settings in DAW when it vanished...

I think in all honesty the mpd18 is one of those pads you just keep around for practice. I don't feel the same about the mpd218 but the mpd18 is...well...

Back