Mpc2000xl-saving

ABSiNT

Let's say I load up my MPC and I start working with a previously saved program (Program B). If I add some new sounds to program B and create a new sequence, what would be the proper way to save my new sequence and program without erasing all my other programs and sequences?
Should I save All sequence and songs and then save All Programs and Sounds or is it better to save each file individually (sounds,sequences, etc)?
This seems to be the only thing I can't wrap my head around because something always seems to be missing when I load up the mp.

I don't like missing anything so I always "Save entire memory" or whatever, then I load the whole project.

Save all sequences & songs + save all programs & sounds.
That way you will be able to load all your sequences and the newly added sounds in the programs too..

sorry, I misunderstood you. You should have each song in it's own folder, or even on it's own disk.

Ahh, I misread this. Thought you were loading multiple programs at once and were worried if the older ones would somehow get overwritten while saving.

Like Kojak said, create folders and save each project in it's own folder.

Back