MPC2000 or VST?

D

DJ:A

Hello:

Im trying to decide wether or not to buy this used mpc 2000, or to try to work with my samples in cubase vst, starting from scratch. It has smpte, 18 megs, and assignable 8 out.
Does that mean I can run 8 seperate "tracks", or sequenced tracks into a harddisk for furthur editing? I thought i read somehwere that the 8 out just outputted the samples, can anyone give me some advice on this and the whole mpc vs. cubase thing?

Thanks,

DJ:A

hey wassup man.. all i can tell u is on the mpc 2000 u dont actually send out the tracks but u send out samples...for instance; lets say on track 1 is the kick and snare.. when sending them out of an output u wudnt assign the track .. u wud assign the kick and/or the snare.. as far as vst's go im not too familiar...
just learning about them... hope this helps...

peace:D

treabaum

As far as synths and sampling goes, I always try and use dedicated hardware. I've used a variety of Cubase compatible soft-samplers (such as Koblo, Unity DS-1, LM-4) and had always run into the same problems with latency and system freezes. You could always dump a sample straight into an audio track and cut it up, pitch shift it, etc, to fit your needs, but that takes a lot of time.

I'd go with the MPC or any other sampler if you're serious about using samples in your compositions.

Back