MPC1000 Vs. MPC2500?

SlowJoe

hey whats going on FP!!?

I have been producing with reason and my Oxygen 8, and I track and Mix everything into Pro-tools. I am looking to grab a MPC just dont know which one I should invest in. I def need USB control for Pro-tools and different sounds to trigger. I just dont know the actuall $1000 difference. Please some one give me some pros and cons on the two thanks.

Slow Joe

Last edited:
you won't be able to use the USB for pro tools, other than that go with the 2500 8 direct outs(which I thought was no big deal 4 years ago, now they are essential) Also remember the MPC's have no sounds in them only what you make inside them, so since you are already using pro tools you might just want to check into battery and a trigger finger. I use MPC's myself but battery maybe up your alley

SlowJoe said:
hey whats going on FP!!?

I have been producing with reason and my Oxygen 8, and I track and Mix everything into Pro-tools. I am looking to grab a MPC just dont know which one I should invest in. I def need USB control for Pro-tools and different sounds to trigger. I just dont know the actuall $1000 difference. Please some one give me some pros and cons on the two thanks.

Slow Joe

The difference between the 100 and 2500 exist more with the size, look and feel rather than the features. They both contain basically the same thing....so its just a matter if you want a bigger board or smaller one really......but if your going to continue sequencing in Reason and running your stuff through PT you may want to look at the AKAI MPD24 I use that with my reason and protools setup. but I use my 2000XL just as equally .....but heres a question what is prompting you to get a hardware sequencer/sampler?

SlowJoe said:
hey whats going on FP!!?

Slow Joe

The difference between the 100 and 2500 exist more with the size, look and feel rather than the features. They both contain basically the same thing....so its just a matter if you want a bigger board or smaller one really......but if your going to continue sequencing in Reason and running your stuff through PT you may want to look at the AKAI MPD24 I use that with my reason and protools setup. but I use my 2000XL just as equally .....but heres a question what is prompting you to get a hardware sequencer/sampler?

I would say that the main difference is in the number of audio and midi outputs. If you need a lot of audio outs or you're going to be controlling lots of external midi gear, I'd go with the 2500

Reply to 2500 vs. 1000

I just really want somethine hands on, and i messed around with my boy's 1000 and i just loved the way it looped so quick and easy, and the way the samples where divided into diff. keys and tones. I know there is alot of way to do stuff within software these days. I guess I just feel like a MPC would be a great source for producing, but then again I am still fairly new to producing so i really dont know which route to go to. But i am up for suggestions ofcourse.
thanks,

Slow

SlowJoe said:
I just really want somethine hands on, and i messed around with my boy's 1000 and i just loved the way it looped so quick and easy, and the way the samples where divided into diff. keys and tones. I know there is alot of way to do stuff within software these days. I guess I just feel like a MPC would be a great source for producing, but then again I am still fairly new to producing so i really dont know which route to go to. But i am up for suggestions ofcourse.
thanks,

Slow

Well with the direction of music and with all the perks and whatknot you absolutely need both software and hardware. Not necessarily for production itself but definitely for furthering pre-production and absolutely for post production. We are in the age where you have to use both....I would say you already used the MPC 1000, you like and thought it was dope.. This issue now comes down to money! Do you wanna or have a extra G to spend and want a bigger machine....if not get the 1K if you do get the 25K in either case I think you'll like either one. .....I would definitel add the digi midi i/o box to your setup that way with all the midi ins and outs you could dynamically control hardware software through one sequencer which is what I do.....

www.sohotproductions.com
www.myspace.com/sohotproductions

The only real advantage a 2500 has, like above, is 8 outs. But with my 1k, i used spdif so if i go back, i don't know if that's even really much of an advantage.

Also, you can use an mpc as a controller, just not through usb. You just hook midi up to your soundcard. Most soundcards that would be suitable for recording an mpc would have midi anyway.

Back