mpc1000 bass lines need help....

sup everyone....im a noob to the mpc world, so far ive learned how to record into it and chop up samples and what not....what in need help on is adding a bassline to my beats...i want a bassline spread out on the pads so i can play them through. also, how do i take a sample and have it spread out in the pads so that the pitch is different in each one(same sample different pitches) i hope somebody understands what i mean and thanks in advance.....UNO!

hey dude, in terms of getting one sample on different pads on different pitches you can either, put the sample on the pads how you normally would and then go MODE>PROGRAM and change the pitch on the rite next to the sample name if you need help with that let me know. or just go Mode Trim and change the pitch of the sample using the pitch shift option (i think its called pitch shift) and then put the new pitch shifted sample on the pad that you want. the con of doing it through the trim way is that it will sound grainy because your doing it un naturally and the mpc has to either fill in the gaps when you raise the pitch to keep it the same length or take out chunks when you lower the pitch. the con of doing it through the sample program is that the length of the sample with differ. hope this helped bud

no worrys buddy o and i forgot to say about bass lines, yeah you can either:
1) download some bass samples or synth samples from some site theres bags of free ones out their and place them along the pads at different pitches (they will probably already come set at different pitches tho tbh) or.....
2) get the bass out of the sample your using by putting a low pass filter on it which is in the filter part of your sample program, you wont want the filter any higher than 20. and then placing the sample cut up in quite small sections along the pads and fiddle around until you get a bass line out of it, but be sure to note that you will never just get the bass on its own but you can make it extremly prominent so that when its in a mix you wont notice the other odd kicks or synth parts that have sneaked into those frequencies

I always take a bass sample, put (ONE SHOT) off, (so it doesnt play entire when u hit a pad), and than choose the 16 level tune.

IMO Best bass comes from a real bass, but another option that never fails is looping the subbass from G-Force's minimonsta VST then 16 leveling it. I know thats what Jaisu uses on almost all of his beats.

IMO Best bass comes from a real bass, but another option that never fails is looping the subbass from G-Force's minimonsta VST then 16 leveling it. I know thats what Jaisu uses on almost all of his beats.

i appreciate everybody's reply...thanks people...what do you mean 16 leveling it if you dont mind me asking.

i appreciate everybody's reply...thanks people...what do you mean 16 leveling it if you dont mind me asking.

You should really know the 16 levels feature if you own an mpc...
Click 16 levels button, reference the pad you want to use, then you can play that one pad, or in our case the base loop, chromatically.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YfVlJbltLJc
that dude explains how it works for noobs.
^ 16 level feature works the same as 2000xl on a 1000.

Sounds like you should read your manual through. The 16 levels is one of the very basic functions of your machine after all.

Last edited:
Beat way is to go to MODE + Program.
Highlight the tuning fields and hit your window button.
Then turn "Auto on"

This will make a new program of your bass sample spread out over all keys. You can play it off your pads or even better your keyboard controller.

Back