mpc1000

B

BostonProducer01

say I have a bunch of mp3 songs that I want to sample

How do i get them into my mpc1k as wav files

I tried an mp3 to wav converter but it didnt do the trick how is everybody loading there samples onto the MP if there not in 1hit wav format???????????HELP please frustrated

download lame thats a converter that u can load several mp3s into or atleast u used to be able to i did on an older version i had in 05

Just google search "freeware mp3 to wav converter" or something like that, I had to do that onetime when Sound Forge decided to stop working on me.

But why do you want to put whole songs on there? Songs to sample right?

lrg-466-adobe_audition2.jpg

man, just sample the audio out of your computer to the audio in on your mpc. you could have had everything sampled in already instead of lookin for lame encoders. (no pun intended)
LevLove

Lol at lame encoders... But lev always get to the point.

when I try to record into the mpc I have my two cables going to the record ins and I have the gain turned up and I just get white noise when I try to load and play the samples back

I only have two 1/4 cables so after I record I save the samples to the flash card and swap my cables back to the master outs and I just get slight static noise when I try to play back anything I recorded "IN".. anyone know why this is happening or what im doing wrong here

Just use "ITUNES", if you have it. Drag all of your sound files to ITUNES then highlight everything you want to convert to WAV, right click then select "convert selection to WAV".

If you need to edit the sound file before you put on your MPC 1000, Google "AUDACITY"(its freeware), download that and use that to edit the sample and then convert file to WAV -> now transfer to your mpc

yea man its as easy as taking the audio out of the computer and run it into the mpc record in and press mode pad5 (record) save the sample...chop and there u go.....read up on the manual and hit up youtube....its a life saver

Audacity is a nice free solution to this problem. Besides being a pretty good audio editor, it can convert to wav quite quickly.

Record in should work fine, you have issues.

Also, almost any audio program that lets you load mp3's can be rendered as wav files. It's not the most convient way to only convert but you might already have a good program to do it. I find actual "converters" or "encoders" tend to suck in general, from audio to video, compared to actually using a program, with some exceptions.

Back