MPC Sync to Pro Tools question

What up fellas...
I am haveing the same issue but I also need to know when I have the mpc synced correctly which type of track must I have open to receive the mpc?
Intrument?
Audio?
This shyt is banannas and I cant seem to get it working correctly...
Thanks in advance.

in pro tools open a audio track to record from the mpc....stereo if ur using the stereo output on the mpc or mono if ur using the assignable mix outs...if ur not even sure about things that simple u mite need to find someone in ur city to tutor u just on the things u need to know...or maybe go and do an audio course that explains that sort of ****...maybe get a technician in to set up ur equipment properly and explain how to use it a lil bit...

i have reason and a m-audio keystation and a mpc 1000 how can i set this up to have reason as my sound module like as if i was using a fantom or motif of some sort hooking it with protools help is appretiaced

C-Lovely said:
Check out the tutorial that mano made about syncing the MPC with protools. It is very helpful.

He did that one with Cubase, if im wrong, and if hwe did one with PT, can someone post a link?

oxmocali said:
sorry to bump this, i was away from my equipment for a month. this helped a great deal and it is working EXCEPT when i track down what i recored on the MPC in pro tools it goes faster than the bpm i set it at in both the mpc and pro tools... why is this happening??

The same thing happening to me when I learned how to track down my beats into pro tools..

My mpc is the slave, and pro tools is the master...

I have them in sync perfectly via Midi 1 cord, and both of my tempo's locked, etc.

However....

While teaching me how to arrange in Pro Tools, I was told to use an Auxillary Metronome Click Track, in Pro Tools, to make sure my tracks were on beat...

At first, They seemed to be on beat (without the click track)

but when the click track was applied, all of my tracks were slightly off beat, and I noticed, that the tips of some of my tracks were just barley chopped off at the start of the tracks..

I dont understand why my tracks are off beat IN PRO TOOLS, and not off beat IN MY MPC 2500, BECAUSE THE SAME TEMPO IS SET IN BOTH DEVICES, AND THEY ARE SUPPOSED TO BE SYNCRONIZED????

Anyone know the cause of this, and how to fix and prevent this from happening, at the start of my tracking process?

Back